x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Browser on HPC2000

1 2 3 4
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 11:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I tried to install the Pocket Browser v 1.6 which is written for HPC/Pro - it doesn't run. I contacted the manufacturer who answered me that they had some future plans for CE 3.0 and that there was some rumor on the Net that it already ran on HPC2000 although not verified by them. Anybody knows anything about this? Anybody heard about NetFront running on HPC2000?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Not sure about Pocket Browser ... but Netfront officially only support PPC! *sic* ... although there is a version for PPC, PPC2002 and PPC2003, their build is supposed to be for only PPC and not HPC. But PPC(2k) should have bin for MIPS, ARM processor that can perhaps be tweaked for HPC2000 since they have the same core winCE3.0.

I'm trying to get my hands on the trial version. Handango only has it for "Buy" option!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 12:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As in Conduits Pocket Browser beta - which has less modern web code support than PIE 3 does?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i am in fact viewing this page and replying to you with netfront3 on a Jornada 720 now.

if you have an arm or mips device with hpc2000, i can help you. (jornada 720 is arm cpu but i have the mips dlls too).
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 2:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

oh nice!

Can you email me direct2system AT yahoo ?
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-01-27 7:58 PM

i am in fact viewing this page and replying to you with netfront3 on a Jornada 720 now.

if you have an arm or mips device with hpc2000, i can help you. (jornada 720 is arm cpu but i have the mips dlls too).

This is what I was looking for! I have an ARM Jornada 720. Any help appreciated! Can you describe us how you managed to run it?
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 4:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Snappy! - 2005-01-27 6:33 PM

I'm trying to get my hands on the trial version. Handango only has it for "Buy" option!!

I had no problems downloading the trial version. I only had to leave my e-mail or phone number I directly accessed them at:

http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/

E-mail me if you have problems. I hope that we get a good decription how to install it!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi all

i've posted the dlls with some readme files on my homepage:

izemize.fw.hu/arm.zip for arm devices
izemize.fw.hu/mips.zip for mips devices

i haven't tried the latter but it should work.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-27 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i see you would like to have a description about the process too.. i wrote about that in the readmes, but if that isn't clear, post here.
 Top of the page
athom
athom Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 3:33 AM
#
It says on the http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/ site that:

"The trial version is available only for Pocket PC 2002 / Pocket PC 2003 versions."
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i see.. and that's the 3.1 version...
i couldn't get that to work yet, only 3.0! (does someone know how to do it with the 3.1...???)
i'll post the 3.0 version soon. it's only the ARM version and only the trial - i have the full version too, but i don't know if i'm allowed to offer that here.
i'll try to get the MIPS version also!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

izemize.fw.hu/netfront3_arm.zip
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

izemize.fw.hu/netfront3_arm.zip

sorry for the double posting!

so, that's the exe file for arm netfront3

enjoy!

Edited by cmonex 2005-01-28 7:46 AM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 8:42 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-01-28 5:11 AM

i see.. and that's the 3.1 version...
i couldn't get that to work yet, only 3.0! (does someone know how to do it with the 3.1...???)
i'll post the 3.0 version soon. it's only the ARM version and only the trial - i have the full version too, but i don't know if i'm allowed to offer that here.
i'll try to get the MIPS version also!

The trial version of 3.0 would be good! What I think most of us wants to do is make sure it does what we want, ie browse normal sites that has javascripts properly ... eg hotmail, yahoo and gmail's java/javascript as well. If it works, I would get the full version!! I mean, $25 as an upgrade to surf the web proper is IMO worthwhile!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

of course
it was just a thought

anyway, my experiences with netfront: it's not so much better than IE that you could do without IE. there are pages you cannot really open with IE but netfront handles them quite well! - on the other hand, netfront cannot handle one of my favourite pages at all (all i get is just a blank page), but fortunately, IE does.
so i think you can get the best results if you have both of them. i still like netfront though, and glad that we could get it working.
as for javascript, yes, it seems better than IE. gmail: no, netfront can't succeed with gmail (can't login), but why is that important when there's qmail3?
i could login in yahoo (only use yahoo groups if that matters).
i would try hotmail but i don't have an account there.

one interesting thing is that netfront always tries to avoid horizontal scrolling, does that quite well but the fonts will be smaller. or i didn't find the setting for it..
it's for sure there are some settings that could be important but you'll see for yourself (for example settings for scrolling.)

Edited by cmonex 2005-01-28 10:37 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 8