x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Browser on HPC2000

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-29 7:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yeah that RETR erorr... i think its not OS specific, i got that error on my desltop PC. i was able to download the same message on the jornada 720 which the PC couldnt ))
i dont have any idea whats this error...
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 3:21 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-01-30 1:24 AM

ok then, i might have misunderstood you (you wrote netfront doesnt want to run without a reg code)

i dont really understand your post about installing netfront on a CF though. i installed it on CF by default and had no problems with tht.
did you have problems with it?

1. You have probably posted your registered exe version, so it was asking for registration code. After I downloaded a new version from HandanGo I was able to run it.

2. It installed on may CF but reported errors: "Can not save the file" or something similar. I assume that it was not able to create the history file, cookies file etc. In fact there were no files created after first running it - as it was the case when I installed it to main memory.

I have an additional question: When I go to yahoo.com it redirects me to yahoo.mobile - optimized for mobile phones. I assume that a similar tweak in registry (as Tweaks2k2 for IE6) would help. Anyone tried this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 10:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, its the same with me... that it cant save some file. thanks for the suggestion, i ll try to install it in the main memory to see if there is any change in functionality.

about the registry tweak question: i just looked in the registry and found this key:

HKCU/Software/access.co.jp/netfront3/BrowserPref/
CustomUAName
Mozilla/4.0 (PDA; Windows CE/1.0.0) NetFront/3.0

we could rewrite that...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 10:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah!! ive got 50 posts and am a factor fanatic

btw, vjurkas, i see you are from slovenia. im from hungary not so far... is it?
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 10:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have replaced/entered as suggested by PC Counselor:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Absolutely no change. Yahoo still redirects me to their mobile page. I am afraid that it is burned into the code somewhere. I will need a TCP sniffer for another problem and I'll also take a look at what NetFront is sending out - unless I have the solution before

Ljubljana is about 180 km away from Hungarian border (and I'll be promoted to a Fanatic soon )
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hey dudes, dun forget about your MIPs friend here!! ... I'm still struggling with PIE4.01 !!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 1:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

uh-huh. i have no idea then you can use pie for yahoo, or can't you? i don't use yahoo, only yahoo groups sometimes, so i don't know. i can log in the yahoo groups with netfront, no mobile version, no nothing. it's surely different with yahoo mail..

have you ever been to Budapest?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy: i haven't been able to find the mips install yet. i'll notice you when i get it.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 1:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi Snappy, what is the problem with MIPS? Do you want to tell that there is no MIPS version of NetFront at all? How about Sigmarion - is that a MIPS or something-else-device? If I remember correctly, there was a Sigmarion version of NetFront .

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, there are a MIPS version. only we don't know how to get it. more exactly, i know someone who has it, but hasn't received a reply from him yet.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the sigmarion III is arm (xscale) the older sigmarions are mips
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-30 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ya ... me with my MP790 and its MIPs proc!! Frankly I develop apps for win32, wince, palm, including servers and stuffs before, and from what I see from the tools for wince (eVC3.0), there isn't that much to the different processors, esp if its for a common OS like HPC2000. The OS would have the libs to translate the calls to actual CPU-specific bin code or something ya? All that most developers have to do is select "Batch build" and viola ... you get the release build for all the selected cpus!!!

I wish developers would bother to just build for MIPS more ...

but I guess building the app is one thing ... and potentially the easier part once you get the code out. Maintaining and fixing bugs for the various h/w platforms requires the developer (one with conscience) to have test devices and it means having a test team or separate test team for each device. So I guess its the after-sales support that drains on the vendors.

hey, how about if we start a poll on the number of users willing to spend say $25 or more for NetFront 3.1 to run on MIPs? If we get to 50 or 100, maybe we can send the petition list to Access and get them to do a build for NetFront on MIPS??

alright ... got carried away with my rant!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

good idea.

i just want to ask: netfront 3.0 or 3.1?? i haven't been able to get 3.1 to work, it's only 3.0 3.1 looks much different if i look in the exe file (no mfcce300.dll, for example!). of course that doesn't mean anything... at least i hope so
but 3.0 is ok too )
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 12:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Snappy! - 2005-01-31 4:43 AM

hey, how about if we start a poll on the number of users willing to spend say $25 or more for NetFront 3.1 to run on MIPs? If we get to 50 or 100, maybe we can send the petition list to Access and get them to do a build for NetFront on MIPS??

alright ... got carried away with my rant!

YO! I was thinking about the same (to be honest, I did not have MIPS in mind...) I sent couple of questions (including the one about HPC2K plans) to the Access people. When they come with answers, I can launch the idea. I will ask them what is the minimum number of users that the HPC2K/ARM/MIPS build makes sense.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"I will ask them what is the minimum number of users that the HPC2K/ARM/ MIPS build makes sense."

oh YEAH!!
please do ask them
they're already developing netfront for so many platforms aren't they?... hpcs shouldn't be a problem at all..
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8