x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Crazy idea: CE 4.2 on a Jornada 728?

« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next »
jump3r Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I want to chew over the advantages and/or disadvantages of putting new OS on CF and ROM.
We know that flashboard is difficult to be done so I want to discuss about alternative ways to make it works.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jump3r: yes doable, but requires lots of programming expertise which i still dont have and i dont know who else does who's willing to spend time on the project right now?
 Top of the page
svet-am Page Icon Posted 2008-04-21 9:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm back in the Jornada scene. I had left for a while due to non-related matters and had actually sold my Jornada to buy a Palm LifeDrive because it seemed like a Palm would fit into my lifestyle more closely. However, after my extended absence, I'm back full-time in the Jornada world. I just purchased a J728 (it'll be here by the end of the week). I'm already speccing out updated part numbers for the parts list. I am hopeful that I can have a working flashboard prototype up and running by mid-June. Part of my metric for "working" is to get a good, working interface developed for programming the flash modules.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-04-21 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

svet-am: You may already be too late. Jlime already has somebody who built new flashboards for the j7xx's and currently are being tested before mass production begins. The specs are 64 meg flash rom with 128 meg ram.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
svet-am Page Icon Posted 2008-04-21 10:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

RTFM - 2008-04-21 7:33 PM

svet-am: You may already be too late. Jlime already has somebody who built new flashboards for the j7xx's and currently are being tested before mass production begins. The specs are 64 meg flash rom with 128 meg ram.

Cheers.

They're in production? I know that some of the HP prototypes were in circulation, but I hadn't seen anyone get new ones developed due to short supply of the board-to-board connector.

If they've done it, that's good to hear because it makes everyone's life easier.
 Top of the page
svet-am Page Icon Posted 2008-04-21 10:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Found some posts by Kristoffer on the JLime site. It's good to hear that progress appears to have been made in this arena. It was a "wish list" item for so long...
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-04-22 5:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Do we know where these are going to be sold? Is there a list we can put our names down on?

Just wondered as I wouldn't want to miss out if there are not enough to meet demand.

John
 Top of the page
svet-am Page Icon Posted 2008-04-22 4:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I spoke to Kristoffer about the status of the flash boards. It turns out the someone in the community paid someone else to develop the 64/128 flash boards. Kristoffer told me that there are some hardware glitches with the board that need to be worked out and that they currently do not work properly. From some of his posts on JLime and what he described to me, it looks like there are some timing issues (the boards alter/violate the original design of the memory board from HP) that are getting in the way of booting the kernel properly.

I offered my services to Kristoffer. We'll see where things go from there.
 Top of the page
jordana Page Icon Posted 2009-06-15 2:59 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

any further update?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-07-22 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yea would like to hear about this.
 Top of the page
Panos
Panos Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 10:55 PM
#
I was interested in upgrading the memory. Is it possible to get a 64mb memory or even 128mb memory (rom ram) to the jornada 710? I have seen some shops undertaking upgrades of memory in the past to 64mb. I was interesting however to remove and install the memory my self.

I currently owe a jornada 710 French version (new mint condition) and a second hand english jornada 728. I have ordered an english 32mb memory to replace the french version. I hope it works

Thanks
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-01-02 4:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

svet-am - 2008-04-22 11:14 AM

I spoke to Kristoffer about the status of the flash boards. It turns out the someone in the community paid someone else to develop the 64/128 flash boards. Kristoffer told me that there are some hardware glitches with the board that need to be worked out and that they currently do not work properly. From some of his posts on JLime and what he described to me, it looks like there are some timing issues (the boards alter/violate the original design of the memory board from HP) that are getting in the way of booting the kernel properly.

I offered my services to Kristoffer. We'll see where things go from there.

Hi svet-am,

Have you got any news on this project? Is it already dead or there is still some hope? Thank you!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-03-12 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

yes, old thread but important concept IMO.

anyone have anything newer to report?
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2011-03-17 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, I want to know this too. Bump
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-17 8:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wasting your time...it will never happen...even if there were flashable rom boards, there are no builds that you could load and run without a Jornada BSP hardware support....best thing to do with this thread is put it in a new category marked "An impossible fantasy."
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.269 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13