x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Confusing SDK's

Athlor
Athlor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 8:48 AM
#
Greetings,
I'm new here and would like to get into developing for CE 1.0. I've downloaded 'EVT 3.0 – 2002 Edition' but the sdk names sound so similar:
Microsoft® Windows® Platform SDK for Pocket PC
Microsoft® Platform SDK for Handheld PC 2000
Microsoft® Windows® CE Platform SDK (H/PC Pro)
Microsoft® SDK for Windows® CE, Palm-size PC Edition, Version 1.2

I have a Compaq c120 and would like to aim toward that. So I'd think the 3rd one with H/PC on it would be it but I can't find it on the MS site anymore, but I'm still looking.
The one SDK I did download for CE 1.0 is meant for Visual C++ 4.0 and not EVT's. The filename is mplatsdk.exe if anyone else is interested in it. In the meantime, with dialup, I can't download everything and have to plan this out. A link would be helpful.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 8:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

mplatsdk.exe is the binary redist name for the CE 2.00 SDK.

There is no SDK for CE1 as you would understand it from later releases.

In order to formally code for CE1 you need Visual Basic / Visual C++ 5.0 and the Windows CE Toolkits for Visual C++ / Visual Basic 5. There are existing threads on this.

There are also known methods of forcing the 2.00 SDK compiler to build for 1.0x:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4062&pos...
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4110&sta...
 Top of the page
Athlor
Athlor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 9:21 AM
#
Great, that means I already have the stuff.
I did think I could use that sdk but didn't relish reconfiguring it. Now knowing that the mplatsdk.exe sdk was the one you were talking about makes that easier. Thanks and I'll be hanging around here.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 27