x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3Com 3C589x Driver for Handheld PC 2.0

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 3:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

but what to do now with the lan card?

3com's support is quite unoperationable(where the heck is an email contact?!?) and no driver on the net works.

marco
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 4:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

eBay/hpcBay it?
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 12:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

No, 'cause I need the card for a laptop... but do you have got some kind of contact adress of 3com?

thanks, Marco
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 3:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not I
 Top of the page
cl3mens
cl3mens Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 2:28 PM
#
I have a strange problem with my Jornada 620LX and my Etherlink III-card (3c589c-chipset). I have installed SP1 och the NSP and I made a reset after each install (with the little red button underneath the backup battery-cover). But when the installation of the driver starts it complains about some .dll-files which currently are in use. When I choose to ignore the problem the installation finishes but the driver doesn't appear in the driverlist after reboot.

What should I do to make the dll-files writeable? :/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 6:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting. Is the DLL file the MFCCE20.dll?

Just to be sure, your 620LX is running Windows CE 2.00 not 2.11, right?
 Top of the page
cl3mens
cl3mens Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 9:42 PM
#
The files are arp.dll, dhcp.dll and ndis.dll. The led on the dongle flashes a couple of times after reboot, but the switch doesn't show any activity (the port is OK). I'm running CE 2.00.
Another thing; I get a message that the setup_sh3.cab specifies an incorrect file size after reboot (It's still there).

Thanks for the help.

Edited by cl3mens 2006-04-01 9:47 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 8:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hum, ok.

You've installed SP1 and the NSP which you sourced from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=30 and here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=31 respectively.

You've then installed the 3C589 driver. Which you got from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0009.asp

Am I on the mark so far?

The Cab error I have not seen with regard to this driver. I recommend that you delete the CAB, uninstall the driver, uninstall the NSP and try again. This time I recommend that you install the 3C589 driver and THEN the NSP. Do not attempt to put the card in the device untill you have done both and soft reset.
 Top of the page
cl3mens
cl3mens Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 10:41 AM
#
Yep, you're on the right track.

When I try to uninstall the NSP i get an error message saying that arp.dll, dhcp.dll, ndis.dll. ne2000.dll, netbios.dll, redir.dll and network.cpl. I get a similar message trying to uninstall the driver, but then only considering ne2000.dll and network.cpl.

I'll make a total reset to factory settings and try, didn't have anything extra on it anyway.

edit: Didn't help much. The installation of the driver went smooth this time but when it came to the NSP, no luck. :/ It complains the same dll-files as the driver installation did.

edit2: I found a very strange thing in the readme included with 3coms CE-driver!

"You can use the following Windows CE Hand-held PCs
with the LAN PC Card:

Cassiopeia Model # A11 & A20 (SH3)
LG Phenom (SH3)
Sharp Mobilon Model # HC4100 (MIPS)
Phillips Velo Model # 500 (MIPS)
Compaq C-Series (MIPS)
NEC MobilePRO 750C (MIPS)"

And that driver was for the whole 3c589x-series... It can't be right, a very old readme maybe? :S

Edited by cl3mens 2006-04-02 11:27 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 1:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cl3mens,

It doesn't make any sense to me why you are receiving these errors, unless either you have a 2.11 device, or you have attempted to load the Network stack before you have installed both the driver and the NSP. I hand wrote both the NSP and driver installers myself. Their copy logic is not at fault. I've used them countless times.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0108.asp

Before you attempt to ininstall the NSP, soft reset, get the remove programs up and then close the control panel before uninstalling.
 Top of the page
cl3mens
cl3mens Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 8:44 PM
#
Nope, I am 100% sure that my jornada runs 2.00. :/ What do you mean by loading the network stack? I've only installed the packages and made a soft (?) reset after each installation.

Anyway I'd like to thank you for your help and for this great page! Keep it up.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, well, i'm the one who has a working pcmcia slot and even two working 3C589D cards (one D, one D-TP), and neither work in the 620lx. they both work on the jornada 680 with the pcmcia update just fine... the 620lx behaves quite strangely... i insert either of these cards, dongle lights up (continuous or blinks sometimes), i start trying to connect to the web, or my pc, etc...and THEN after 15-20 secs or more the 620lx asks the driver name. i tell it 3c589 and the led still blinks and after about 1 min it goes out and no longer lights up. installed is SP1, NSP, hpc factor cab installer for the 3com driver, a few apps, and wlan card works fine.
oh probably a hard reset will help. i've never hard reset the 620lx since i got it...
(now hpc2000 and ce.net are offtopic here but i want to post about that too. it would be nice if the driver development hadn't stopped for these cards. i would happily betatest.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 7:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I told you these 589 chips were bananas (well... I implied it )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol well i got them almost for free...

i still didnt hard reset the 620lx. hope it will work after hard resetting
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-14 10:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm still unable to reproduce a pattern in 589 series behaviour. I've tried this before and got nowhere, but I'll try it again because CmoneX has asked me to.

In the link at the bottom of this post is an Excel file. In it I have placed adapter information gained from the back plat of the 589 cards I've tested and information from the 3Com diagnostic utility that you can download in CESDH0022.

Anyone who would like to get to the bottom of the 589 problem please have a look at the XLS file so you know what information you need to gather, and please post it as a reply in the applicable Sticky thread in the CE2, H/PC Pro or HPC2000 support sections. I will then correlate the data into the spread sheet and update it.

For anyone who knows of such thing Please do provide the MAC address, it could correlate into a pattern.

Download: No longer available
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 28