x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720degrees icewm theme

1 2
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 2:46 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Sounds like there is no definate wm yet. So out of boredom i'm making a 720degrees theme for icewm. Once finished i'll upload it for those icewm users like myself. Preview image here:

http://www.geocities.com/read_the_fsckin_manual/screens/j720-icewm-...

Comments/suggestions welcome.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 5:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I really like the Infadel2 -> Overleaded them for IceWM. I really like the extra window control options it provides in the upper right corner of launched applications. I like the background and button graphics you are using. How did you add the background? I currently just have the X "hash" background. I think it would be nice to add desktop icons as well.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 8:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

RTFM - 2006-07-11 1:46 AM

Sounds like there is no definate wm yet. So out of boredom i'm making a 720degrees theme for icewm. Once finished i'll upload it for those icewm users like myself. Preview image here:

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Looks like a good start. Reminds me that I need to post the Debian-style license for using the 720degrees logo along with hi-res image files. (Of course you can all use it freely, but it's better spelled out in legalese )

One of the major points of 720degrees is that there *is* no definite WM. Unlike the Familiar distros before it, 720degrees was intended to have the freedom of Debian in that you aren't just limited to Opie/QT or the GPE/Matchbox.

Personally I started with Ion, then moved to IceWM, then to pure Matchbox (Non-GPE) for the longest time. I have just joined PS in choosing Fluxbox as my WM of choice. As soon as I have the other pressing dev issues sorted out, I'll probably release a theme for FB.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 1:18 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Sure, if you want to make some sort of theme for 720degrees, go right ahead. Personally, I think the beauty of using standad Linux windowmanagers on the 720 is that you can just go and download whatever theme you can find for it, and it will work.

I'm thinking...nothing too complicated, maybe blues/greens.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 2:36 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rocketman - 2006-07-11 4:27 AM

I really like the Infadel2 -> Overleaded them for IceWM. I really like the extra window control options it provides in the upper right corner of launched applications. I like the background and button graphics you are using. How did you add the background? I currently just have the X "hash" background. I think it would be nice to add desktop icons as well.

I'm not a fan of the 'overloaded' window borders personally, yet on most (including my theme) the little box in the upper left is a drop down menu with those functions ( sticky, rollup, lower etc etc ).

For adding a background you need to install one of the many background applications. Such as qiv, imagemagick, bsetbg, bsetroot etc etc.

Yeah, yeah, desktop icons.. i just needed more time... so here ya go. A new "work in progress" screenshot including desktop icons.

http://www.geocities.com/read_the_fsckin_manual/screens/j720-theme-...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-14 2:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

That is more of what I wanted to see.

What program did you use for the icons? And we should check into whatever puppy-linux uses to make the trash can.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Long story short.. i tried alot of desktop management and icon apps. Dfm, fbdesk, xfm etc etc. Currently im using idesk as it seems to be the most configurable and useable with a touchscreen. Everything else i tried required left/middle/right click. With some changes i have idesk set to use single tap and hold to drag and double tap to execute and its working nicely. I'm still looking into filemanagers. Currently the home icon opens up XFE which is pretty much a gui version of midnight commander that has trash capabilities, mini thumbnails of images, single/double pane view etc.

I bet i could easily make a trashcan icon open ~/.xfetrash
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 2:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I found another file manager like mc... northern commander or something like that? I will have to look through my files...

I figured idesk would be the one that worked best.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 3:06 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I amaze myself..heh. Now have a trashcan icon that works

Now that the trashcan works, i'm sticking with xfe for gui file management. Its light and packed with features.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-16 6:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I had a feeling that you might do that for the trashcan..I never verified what puppy-linux used.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-18 11:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Added a few more screens in the last couple days. 1 shows the trash can icon, another shows whats in the trash, and the other shows Gaim. Can be viewed from same url as before @ http://www.geocities.com/read_the_fsckin_manual/screens/
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 1:23 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Excellent. How fast does firefox run? (Horribly slow). And does it crash when you go through the menus too quickly?

Also, how is the compile going for the multi-protocol?

-Naah, RFTM is not my slave...yet...
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Actually aside from the initial 10 second startup time, firefox isnt too bad. It still renders faster than pocket IE on my mp770 ( mind you im using a 64 meg swapfile ..tried without it and egads..horrible ). Also im not using the one from apt repositories either, and no, hasnt crashed yet. Actually i uploaded those new screenshots with it.

Hit some bumps, but multi-proto *should* be done soon.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Where did you get your copy of Firefox? Can we put it up in the 720 degrees repository? I haven't found a copy of firefox that works on 720 degrees at all, so I am very interested in this? What dependencies did you have to satisfy?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

He had to compile it himself. And it is not going to be in the distribution. I see it as a useless gimmick. It might be available separately for the 728.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30