x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720degrees icewm theme

1 2
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rocketman - 2006-07-19 11:11 PM

Where did you get your copy of Firefox? Can we put it up in the 720 degrees repository? I haven't found a copy of firefox that works on 720 degrees at all, so I am very interested in this? What dependencies did you have to satisfy?

Yeah what PS said..heh. Took 2 days to build. Anyway if you want a working copy, i tried this build out first and it worked fine. Its just huge as they left the *whole* build tree in it. Its about a 13 meg download, expands to about 30.

As for deps, i didnt have any, but i have dern near every library installed anyway for compiling apps. I'd assume the basics.. libjpeg/png/xpm/ssl and gtk/gtk2/pango etc.

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/linux-7110/firefox-1.5-sa...

Cheers.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 1:10 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Firefox was put into the 720degrees repository as of 2 days ago. Yes, it is the only Firefox that is known to work on the Jornada. I had the "official" distro version compiled specifically for us by the same guy in the OpenPsion group who did it for them. You say you're using the 1.5 version, based on gtk2. The one that I have packaged is Firefox 1.5.0.2, and it is gtk1 -- significantly faster than the gtk2 version because of less memory usage.

Of course, I have already specified dependencies in the package control file. I have not, however, removed the extraneous build tree files. If someone here will tell me exactly what to remove, then I will gladly trim the package down.

Please post responses regarding the Firefox-gtk1 package in the Package subforum on the 720degrees forums.

Edited by snickersmd 2006-07-22 1:27 AM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 2:05 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Great, why do I never know these things.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27