x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cisco wireless config problems

Joe HC
Joe HC Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 7:58 AM
#
Greetings all-

I recently got a cisco air-pcm340 card for the J720, and I am having great difficulty configuring it to run on my wireless network in my home. I downloaded and installed the exe file from cisco called CiscoWinCE300v200, and it seemed to install just fine. I put in the numbers that it asked of me, and when I run the cisco link status, it is telling me that it is recieving a signal, and the Statistics Utility says that the signal is there. But when I try and ping my router or any other computer in my house, it don't get a bounce back. Furthermore, when I try and start IE, it says that there is no connection found.

Lastly, if I pull the card out of the J720, and then reinsert it, it won't recognize it.

I would be grateful if someone can provide me some insight on how to fix this problem.

Thanks-

Joe HC
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-08 4:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think that I have answered you some place already; never mind! I have a Cisco Aironet 350. So, if you can see statistics and signal strength, I would say that your Wi-Fi card is configured properly and working. If the card is not synchronised with an Access Point, you just don't see anything. Can you see the IP address?

I guess that the problem must be somewhere else. Check in your "Internet Options" if "Connect through Proxy" is enabled. If so, disable it!
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 3:42 PM
#
Yeah, I too have a cisco 350 wireless card for my j720. I don't have a home router, but I bought the card so I could access the hotspots in uni, and there is one near where I live also. ther only experience I had with wireless was in my mates laptop, and with that you have to sear ch for a netowrk, it lists what it finds, then you CONNECT to it, and it tell you when it is connected.
So I am sitting with plenty of signal and stuff, and trying in vain to press the 'start' button, in an attempt to get a CONNECTEd message! sitting for hours not succeeding in getting a connection I was raging! then my mate came in, inserted the card, and just double clicked on PIE and everything loaded straight away lol talk about over thinking stuff

......IB a n e
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 3:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i never got my aironet 340 working on my j660, butam hoping it will work with Nec Mp780.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 8:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

dId you do sp1 upgrade? Aironet 340 won't work well without it.
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 8:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

if you were talking to me, then yes, i do have the sp1, nad also the nsp
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 2:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Joe HC,

If I remember correctly it may be worth your time trying the H/PC Pro (CE2.11) driver for your CPU.
Also be sure to change the connection mode (Infrastructure / Ad-hoc)
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-03-28 3:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Cisco uses a rather strange naming here:

Infrastructure Mode: Yes / No. "No" means "Ad hoc". So, Infrastructure Mode shall be set to "Yes" in most cases.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10