x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Volume control in win med player

barrylightbourn
barrylightbourn Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 6:34 PM
#

So with C:Amie's big help I now have a functioning conduit for accessing my J720 and I tried syncing mp3 files with it with mixed success - but those I got to play I was able to control the volume...

Given the time the syncing and 'resolving' was taking I figured I'd get smart I figured I'd get round those 'resolving problems' (which seem linked to WMP 'thinking' I've Stolen These Files, which I haven't, BTW...) by putting the files directly onto the CF card - which worked nicely... but now they seem to only play at One Volume which is bit too loud (!) or Off!

Now When I Was Young - back about a couple of years ago, before I reached past the halfwaythrough my fifties, I would have been PANICKY about this

Now I realize, Thank the Goddess! that This Is All STUFF -

Anyway, after my philosophizing , is there a better mp3 player or an adjustment possible to WMP or do I just cover the speaker a bit or use earphones that have a volume control or give up?

Tanks in advance,

Regards,

Barry

Edited by barrylightbourn 2006-07-15 6:35 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 9:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can't adjust the volume using the slider on the WMP screen?
 Top of the page
barrylightbourn
barrylightbourn Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 10:39 PM
#
Nope...
Didn't make any sense why the switch to just putting the files onto the CF card and not putting them through active snyc should change that.
Anyway, guess what?
The things happen, eh?
I just went through a couple of hours of searching and installing an alternate mp3 player (glad I didn't pay for it!)
That's because on retrying the WMP just now in order to respond to you - IT turns OUT the onscreen and button volumes are both working again! - - - I guess through having closed and restarted the WMP (?)

I guess I have only begun to get a peek of the peccadillos of this machine/OS?

Thanks for your enquiry C E, you fixed something w/o even helping overtly

Regards,

Barry

P. S. I've carried a Clie SJ 22 exclusively til recently and I still carry it for pocket scrabble - best time waster I've found yet - the delight in seeing by how much one can beat the 'expert' scrabbler hidden therein!

Edited by barrylightbourn 2006-07-15 10:40 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-16 3:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

FWIW, there are a few good freeware MP3 players out there that will work on the 720: GSPlayer is one. See the review of four freeware MP3 players in Hurricane John's Handheld PC Newsletter:

http://hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=03&topic_id=1147101848

Another good freeware media player: The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP), which also plays good quality video:

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

Check 'em out. You won't be disappointed. (Boy, I'm sounding more like a salesperson every day.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-07-16 3:20 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8