x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how to open .jar files with chaiVM ?

natsukashii Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 2:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

dear group,

iam unable to open .jar files with chaiVM.
The help file refers to env_vars.txt to edit default variables, but i can't find this file and don't know where it could be located.
When i un-jar the file... chaiVM is able to open the upcoming .class files... but there occours some error (cannot write io.exception log file)... (maybe the files are too big at least ?)
iam a complete newbie to java and HPC... but there must be a way to deal with these .jar files... such as with .class files.

maybe some expert could help ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi!

in my opinion, chaiVM is really unusable. i've been unable to run anything with it except the welcome app..
try sun's personal java. (download from henri's great j720 website)
again, that's not perfect still, better than chaiVM..
and there are Jeode and creme. Jeode won't install creme won't either (and the latter IS compiled for ARM HPC2000!) i'll experiment with them again sometimes...
last option i can think of now: kaffe? i didn't try that. (and it's said to be slow)
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 5:12 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

See my post about other JVMs:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=377&post...

I think it is post No 10 in the above thread. There are several links to Java related pages which offer some additional Java machines.
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-12 6:17 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Not familiar with ChaiVM, but I use CrEme from NSICom, and it works fairly well... but I think you need the .class files to work with this as well. You can get CrEme from http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11