x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SD Card Driver for Windows CE 3.0

Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 2:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Today, I made a terrible mistake: I bought an expensive Sandisk PCMCIA "6-in-1" card adapter for my Jornada, in order to use my camera SD-Cards. Of course, I did not work, because the Jornada has no SD-Card driver...

SmartMedia cards work though and are mounted just like any CompactFlash Card.

I did a search on google to find standard SD-Card drivers for Windows CE 3.0 and didn't find any

Has anyone succeded in using SD-Cards with a Jornada ? I don't need SDIO, just standard SD memory cards...
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Geared2003

Maybe I misunderstand you, but why would you need a SD Card driver to view graphic files on your Jornada.

I use an SD Card adapter in my Jornada 720 and Resco PhotoViewer to browse photographs that I saved on a Secure Digital Card using my digital camera without any problem.

What am I missing?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 3:35 PM
#
Is your SD card formatted in NTFS by any chance? Do you get prompted to enter a driver name?

SD cards should work with the ATADisk driver, as HJ appears to use them as well.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 6:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i bought a CF to SD adapter recently, cost 20$ (used). put it into a CF to PCMCIA adapter. and in it a SD card, and it works fine even on the CE 1.0 hpc's!! let alone the jornada 720 (of course it works well)
maybe the adapter you bought doesn't work properly?
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-07-21 6:48 PM
maybe the adapter you bought doesn't work properly?

Probably. It could be a driver problem, I guess. But most CF to SD adapters (and also the CF to multi adapters) just look like a regular CF card as far as the device is concerned. I have an Archos 5 in 1 and it works fine on every WinCE device I have, from a CE 2.0 Casio A-11 to my CE.NET 4.2 Dell Axim X5. I'd try returning it and/or trying it on another device if possible.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 6:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for your answers.
Apparently, this was a hardware problem : the adapter seemed to be defective, so I asked the retailer for a refund...
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 2:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

no doubt. hw issue.

i used a pc card 4 in 1 adapter on a few HPC pros. all great. sd / sm cards confirmed 2 be working.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wait a minute. Does Wince recognize ALL the slots in the adapter? I mean, i red somewhere that only the first slot in the adapter would be recognized.
Another question for those who have one of them. Can you use more than one card at a time?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11