x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Mobilepro 900C - questions

surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 8:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well, I just received my new Mobilepro 900C yesterday, and overall I am very excited. It worked right away with a USB mouse, and the keyboard and screen size are just perfect. This is my first HPC - I had a PPC before, and I find this to be a significant improvement. Have a couple questions though...

1. I am unable to tether my Motorola cell phone via IrDA. There appears to be no built in IR modem driver. I searhced high and low... I downloaded the generic driver from here, as well as the driver for the Psion NetBook Pro. Neither seem to work. I have set the IrDA speed to 115.2. If I use the Direct Link Infrared connection, I do see my phone light up for a moment, so I know the IR ports on both devices are working. When I use either of those drivers I downloaded, the phone doesn't respond at all, and I get an error that the port is not available or misconfigured. Looking in the registry, COM3 does appear to be the port it works on, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I emailed NEC to see if they have a driver available, so we'll see. I'm also getting a Bluetooth adapter soon, so it's probably a moot point, but it's still strange. Any ideas?

2. What is the compatibility between CE .NET and PPC 2002/2003 apps?

Thanks for any info, and thanks for this great site!

Edited by surrealmonk 2005-02-02 8:06 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 5:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I will be interested in your results to question #1. If you get it to work, be sure and give me all the details so I can post the info for others.

As far as #2, most all of the ppc 2002/2003 programs will not run due to the screen formatting and other hardware differences. A few, but not many. It's a good thing that the Jornada 720 community was well established before the 900C came out as we can run nearly all of those applications made for HPC ARM.

Rich
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 5:16 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Okay, I finally managed to figure out how to get IrDA tethering to work... Apparently, the MobilePro uses two COM ports for the infrared adapter - COM3 for direct connection, COM6 for IrCOMM. I reinstalled the Generic IrDA Modem driver, went into the registry and changed the port from COM3 to COM6, and voila! I'm typing this on my MP tethered to my cell right now... So there's a tip to post on HPCNEC.com...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 7:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Super tip and now part of the FAQs at HPCNEC

Thanks Mike....

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 8:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll just re-issue the IrDA driver, much easier
It is really rather unfortunate that I compiled it for COM3, 4 and 5 and never did for 6
Sods law.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 10:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK guys and girls, I have updated the GenIrDA Driver and driver page you can get it all compiled for free here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=23

Now with COM6 (as well as 3,4 and 5 support ;))
Enjoy
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9