x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 3:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok I am looking for a new HPC to replace my J720. What I am looking for is something like a tablet pc. I was looking at a Pencentra 300 I think was the name of it. The only thing that threw me off of that was the MIPS processor. I would like every feature I saw in that but an ARM processor. And a keyboard is not a concern. If anyone can give me any suggestions it would be great. Thanks

Edited by jmztaylor 2006-07-23 3:51 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 4:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

How about the Siemens SL4. Gives you the option of HPC2000, CE4.0, 4.1, SimLinux and Mullengers CE 4.2. Or the all in one solution HPC2000, the Intermec 6651 in tablet mode.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a Pencentra 200 w/64mb of ram and hpc 2000

It works well for what i use it for, & battery and acceries are not as rare as other units
And it comes in diffrent flavors like an indoor viewable or an outdoor/indoor viewable like i have, wich ive found great for gps, its pretty compact for a TPC as well, Like mentioned the mips would be one of the minor disadvantages, but if you know if theres software out there for mips, that would fit your needs well thats all you need and theres plenty of ppc mips software to play around with as well.

Also Fujitsu still supports the Pencentra unlike alot of other comanys and there hpc versions as well... and you can usally find one in good shape on ebay in the low $100-170...

Just a thought

Edited by thcrw739 2006-07-23 4:58 PM
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok thanks for the inputs. I will give those some looking into. The reason I don't like the mips is because I play a lot of games written for pocket pc and it is easier to get a majority to work on arm rather than mips.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hmmm, never had much of a serious problem getting a mips ppc app working on a mips hpc 2000 unit.

Main problem would be having the same avalibilty of the program compiled for both arm and mips
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 5:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes that is what I meant. Anyone know where I can find the SL4. I can't seem to find them anywhere.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-23 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

they are usually found at ebay.de as they are of german origin pretty common there. sometimes you can see them in the US but more rarely.
 Top of the page
Pokey Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 2:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I would go for Intermec. It's really great. I'll buy it one day...
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 3:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yeah I found one on here so now that I am buying that one. What are some capabilities and Limitations I can do with the intermec 6651? Some pros and cons. Just to know. Thanks
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 5:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hold the phone. . . the specific request was no MIPS and he was told to get a 6651? I'm a Jornada man, but I'm positive that the Intermec is MIPS based.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 7:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes I understand that but due to the lack of being able to find a sl4 anywhere I ended up doing some research on the 6651 and I believe that it will be able to suit my needs better.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-31 12:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You won't be sorry.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10