x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 400 Discussion Zone

1 2 3
saki
saki Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 4:49 PM
#
if u guys dnt mind can i ask what is this MP450 used for???????. my dad has got one for me from his frd or some but i really donno what is it? can we play video on it? is it a small computer? or its just a office file saver?

saki :rolleyes:
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 5:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Saki, it is a very old pda with a keyboard. Good for saving phone numbers and notes on, using as a calculator, and playing very very simple games on...it only has 4 shades of gray so as you can imagine the image is less than appealing. While you can theoretically surf the web using a network card, it is so slow it is not worthwhile. It is good for simple pop3 email using dialup. It is also a great ebook reader if you like reading electronic ebooks.

Check out more here: http://hpcnec.com/cgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=05

Rich

Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 7:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Recently picked up a MobilePro 400 at a thrift store and would like to play with it, but although I got it running after I changed the batteries it came with no cradle or cables or CD software. So the first thing I'd like to do is connect it to a PC. Is the 7-pin serial connector any kind of standard? Can someone point me to a pinout for the 7-pin to DB9M, and/or is it available prebuilt anywhere? Alternatively, I have an USB (if I recall correctly) IR detector for my Roche Aviva blood sugar device, or I could pick up something like http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.753... any idea what I would need to do to get XP PC to 400 communication by that route?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 7:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The 400 didn't use Activesync...it used the old Windows CE Services for data transfer...if you are running XP or newer, it won't run the old sync software.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 9:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Gandydancer, you have just resurrected a two year old thread, please read the forum rules: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=2

CE1 synchronises with H/PC Explorer, not CE Services. If you spend some time looking around for the answers to your question, you will run into information on getting it working.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 12:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Oops...that's what I meant...
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2009-05-04 1:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oh gosh... I forgot I made this thread... o_0 Unfortunately I might need to get rid of a few of my HPCs/other electronics to get money for college I am going to keep My MP400 though ^_^ It's a classic... I can't bear to part with it.....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-04 1:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice to hear from you again, Ben. (Now please post in a more current thread. )
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2009-04-30 6:30 AM

Gandydancer, you have just resurrected a two year old thread, please read the forum rules: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=2

CE1 synchronises with H/PC Explorer, not CE Services. If you spend some time looking around for the answers to your question, you will run into information on getting it working.

It appeared to me that the thread "Mobilepro 400 Discussion Zone" was not intended to be for temporary use, but if I've violated some TOS or cultural norm, I apologize.

Perhaps you can come up with some example of a thread where at least the beginnings of the answers to my questions have already been posted, but I have not.

I also have a Win98 machine that I could resuscitate and put on my local network. It's not clear to me whether or not it is being said that H/PC Explorer or CE Services are available for d/l and will work only on pre-XP OS and that will at some point help me sync up. Please clarify.

In addition to the infrared and RS232 possibilities I'd inquired about,I might have a line on a PCMCIA-based Ethernet i/f. Any chance of any support for that route being built into the ROM-based CE?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 11:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The rules as they stand are such that we prefer you to create a new thread, a new train of thought than dregdge up someone elses abandoned one. There is nothing to say that the people in this thread are even still on the forum and quite frankly a "Please help me get a MP400 working on XP" thread is more useful than merging it into generic thread. The nature and title of this thread suggest general banter, while you're asking a tech support question.

Like I said, you can use H/PC Explorer on XP, see the support section on H/PC Explorer.

CE1 = no LAN.
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

"This is a thread to discuss Mobilepro 400's ONLY.
You can discuss anything that has to do with a Mobilepro 400."

And it appears that BJ, at least, is still on board.

I of course have no objection if you detach the posts beginning with my first one and make it a new thread, assuming your software allows this.

That said, thank you for confirming that I don't need to take one of my older machines out of mothballs.

And for the info that the Ethernet card won't help me make the initial connection.

Now, maybe it's just my lack of expertise with your search engine that is preventing me from finding the answers to my questions about the possibilities of the RS232 cable and infrared path in the absence of a cradle. I would genuinely appreciate it if you could point me to some existing thread that will help me there.

Edited by Gandydancer 2009-05-05 6:06 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-06 6:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The support section is not in the forum, it's in the support section on the HPC:Factor website. Click support in the top navigaion.

This site is more than its forum.
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-06 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, so if I can get HPSIR (and not a later IrDA) working on one of the XP's COM ports then H/PC Explorer 1.1 ought to recognize and handle the communication. So my next step is to dig up the diabetes meter's USB-IR dongle and see if I can configure it that way.

Umm... Except I think that the MobilePro docs only talk about using the infrared to sync two handheld devices, and the 400's Control Panel only offers one path to communicate with the desktop PC (or modem?), "Desktop @ 19200", so it may insist on using the RS232. Or does "Desktop @ 19200" control both paths in some intelligent fashion?

Oh, well. I'll dig out the IR dongle and have a go at it when I do.

Edited by Gandydancer 2009-05-06 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
NEC Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 12:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got a mobilepro 400 used, all I wanna do is write a screenplay on it, so I want to connect it to my PC to transfer the word file. Ive spent over 10 hours reading through this site, trying to figure out how to get my machines to talk... I am going nuts because no matter what I do I dont get anywhere - is my mobilepro maybe broken? Ive got a pc with XP, another with WIN 98, and no luck with either. I followed the video tutorial, I followed the written instructions. I downloaded and installed the HPC explorer 1.1, I did all the stuff in network connections, my mobilepro just makes clicking and beeping noises when its connected. Im using a cradle and a 9 pin male to female cable connecting the HPC to the laptop. What should I do, did I miss something?
 Top of the page
NEC
NEC Page Icon Posted 2009-05-13 9:55 PM
#
Well, I couldnt get the damn thing working with a cable, the MobilePro400 that is. Even though I installed fresh an original real disc of WIN95 on my IBM thinkpad, I mean, with that whole, HPC Explorer 1.1 deal freshly installed, com port 1 configured to 19200 or whatever... dot dot dot. Anyway, do yourself a huge favour, if ANYBODY ever gets a mobilepro 400 and wants to transfer files from it to a laptop, go and buy one of those PCMCIA adapter cards for 20$, and a compact flash memory card - 1GB. Good Luck!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11