x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Next up: Polishing the screen scuffs with toothpaste?

willdao Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 1:01 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Anybody tried this trick yet? I've heard some folks over on Solsticeforum.com (the most excellent Pontiac Solstice-lovers hangout, full of cool people, much as here!) were using this trick to buff scuffs on the screen of the Monsoon audio system--and that they'd learned how to do it from PDA forums.

One guys had had great luck with a 720...anyone here tried it?

If so:

Got a recommended technique?

Now that it turns out my screen is NOT broken, and the 720 is working like new, I just wanna get everything perfect! (The case is in literally mint shape, but I have a couple of little circular, fuzzy scuffs where I hit buttons frequently, and some long, fine scratches from dragging cards in Solitaire, I guess...

...then, to make it literally perfect, if the screen will buff out, I'll track down a new stylus (mine doesn't "stick" into "collapsed" mode any more...)

Man, from some of the just totally beat units I've seen on Ebay, I'm pretty lucky mine looks so damned good, I guess. I take mine everywhere I go...and do all kinds of things with it. Can't imagine how someone could beat such holy crap out of such a cool--and tough-- machine, as some folks apparently do...they must go out of their way to mangle 'em...

Thanks,

willdao

Edited by willdao 2006-07-27 1:11 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 2:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the opportunity to bring back one of the funniest threads in the history of this site:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3639&start=1&highlight=Toothpaste+screen&highlightmode=1

I still laugh my head off reading that one.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 8:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I believe the scuffs you see on your Jornada's screen is actually from the very top coating on the digitizer wearing off. Not just scratches in solid plastic. Therefor if you were to use an abrasive (toothpaste) on it, you'd only manage to wear more of the screen.

I have several Jornadas that have been to hell and back. Their screens are one big scratch. They look like a thin coating/layer was applied to the top of the touch screen, and has been worn through in many places. Hence my theory.
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 11:51 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks for the tips (and the humor!); I'm going to leave well enough alone. When the machine is on, one cannot really see any problems.

I'm like the fat slob who survives a heart attack, and becomes a fanatic about physical fitness: now that I have repaired the loose screen mount and the machine is not on its last legs (as I had thought), I want to fix every damned niggling little thing about t...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10