x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Activesync 3.8 Residual Sync Option

PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 11:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Perhaps someone can offer some advice.

While checking out alternatives to Money CE for my Jornada 720 (I want that sync option with Money 04, darn it!), I loaded Keep Track, used it a while and then removed it. It left a selection in Activesync under the Sync Option tab for, I assume, the desktop version of the software which I do not have and never installed. I've tried reboots, reinstalls and removals, resets and even poked around the registry...everything short of reinstalling Activesync itself. Everything associated with Keep Track or Illium seems to be gone.

Is there a way to manually remove that residual option so it doesn't appear in the list?

On a related note, I'm also interested in knowing more about the "mechanics", so to speak, of Activesync. I poked around Money CE cab files for HPC and PPC and they are very similar. Maybe there is a way to manually insert (and/or hack) the Activesync "widget" for the HPC version to ignore the version of money loaded. Just thinking out loud.

Has anyone seen that Microsoft has dropped all Mobile syncing with Money 2007, PPC or otherwise? I thought innovators are supposed to ADD fuctionality?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 3:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I had not seen that about Money 2007, that's terrible! Saying that, Microsoft didn't even release Money 2006 in the UK! So I think the program is going to the dogs. Shame, because I like it.

As it is a datbase you have to be careful with the sync app because if the table information has changed between version, it will right royally go wrong and potentially take the HPC database and the mny database with it (it's a JET database).
So I implore you to backup your money file in triplicate before attempting anything.

The formal H/PC client uses different file and resource information over that of the PPC version's with later sync support, consequently I've not been able to force the H/PC version to sync with a higher build. What I haven't done and you've suggested is look into what it is on the H/PC / PC which is preventing it from trying it (I'm assuming it is a build number check of a dll or .exe).

The other route would be to undertake a hack of the full install of the PPC Money application onto the HPC, trick the installers and hope that all works well with the system databases.

As to your support request.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Services\Synchronization\Objects

Delete the keys that are bugging you, paying attention to the default icon line string value, as you may want/need to unregister or delete that file.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-07-29 10:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I missed that in the reistry! Thank you for replying so quickly. Problem gone and it it didn't even require a restart.

I remember the difficulties that would happen with earlier versions of Money CE and garbled data, so I can only imagine what could happen with a hacked version. I will be exceedingly cautious.

Your fix also showed me that Activesdk.dll is the Activesync Module for Money PPC, but there is no reference to that in the CAB for the HPC version. Hmmm. I wish I could see how the PC side of things set up when it syncs with Money 2000 and compare. I will continue to poke around.

Thanks again!
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-01 10:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CORRECTION ON PREVIOUS POST: As it turns out, the next time I started Activesync, the useless Keep Track module came back, but a quick search for "KeepTrack" in the registry, deleting each instance that came up (one was hiding in HKCR which brought them all back, I think), restart and alls well.

But more importantly...

I DID IT! I got activesync to sync the Money CE databases with MS Money 04! No hexediting, just some DLLs that need to be pulled from the MoneyCE 04 PPC CAB file. I will post what I did in a more appropriate thread: MS Money on HPC! Thanks C:Amie and Comex!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-01 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow congrats
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9