x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE READ THIS!

1 2
Athidus
Athidus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 9:28 AM
#
Man, sorry, I wanted this to be over with but I found an A to B USB cable that I used for my printer and I connected my Jornada to my PC the correct and procedural way and both devices to not recognize each other. Perhaps my Jornada wont recognize Windows XP. I downloaded ActiveSnyc 3.8.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 9:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is fully compatible with Windows XP, even Windows Vista.

Reboot your PC. Remove the Jornada from the cradle, ensure that AS is setup to use the USB port, put the USB cable in a different USB port on the PC.
In Control Panel > communications on the H/PC ensure that it has a device name and that it is set to use the USB for sync connections.

Then cradle the device again.
 Top of the page
Athidus
Athidus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 9:59 AM
#
yeah, I dont know why it wont work, I did all of this already, I guess I am going to have to buy a Compact Flash card at a store today or something. The program wont even finishing downloading since the PC wont recognize the Jornada. Also, the Jornada says "Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote Networking could not start due to critical error( errior 678). Pleause reconnect your device. If the problem persists, restart your device using the instructions provided by the manufactuer."

I have Windows XP Media Center edition it that helps

Edited by Athidus 2006-08-06 10:09 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 10:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try installing the ppp conn fix, then soft reset.

Do you have third party firewall software? If so disconnect from the internet and disable it
 Top of the page
Athidus
Athidus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 11:58 AM
#
I got it to connect a while ago, lol, but it wont synchronize. Also when I back up all my files back up file has no program to open it. What program do I need to open it? The activesync program tells me " Calender, Contacts, Inbox, Tasks, attention required."

I think I may need Microsoft outlook yet I am not sure if I can download it for free or if I have to pay at the moment.

Edited by Athidus 2006-08-06 12:06 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The ActiveSync .stg file is not a file you can double click. To restore it you open ActiveSync, run backup / restore and restore it thaat way.

You need Microsoft Outlook to ActiveSync PIM information. Outlook 2000 comes on the CD with the Jornada. You can buy Outlook stand-alone, or it's part of office. You can use any Outlook version except for 97. If you're really desperate see CESD-S-0023 in the support section - Schedule+ is incompatible with ActiveSync 3.x & Windows 2000.
 Top of the page
Athidus
Athidus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:17 PM
#
how do I send my precious word documents to my desktop?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Connect the device (irrespective of whether it's running against a partnership). Open My Computer on the Host PC, double click Mobile Device. Here you will find filing system access to the H/PC. From there it is regular drag and drop.
 Top of the page
Athidus
Athidus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:44 PM
#
Ok, Im done, I once again thank you so much. I was able to recieve all of my precious files and copy them to my computer. Thank you so much for your help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Once again, happy to be of service.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 25