x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tweaks2k2 install issue

David
David Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 5:36 PM
#
Hi,
I purchased a copy of tweaks 2k2 in the hopes of being able to have the ie4.01 think it is a later version. The trouble is that I can't install Tweaks due to (according to Frank at Tweaks) the fact that Adobe Acrobat had been installed.
I removed the Adobe program at Frank's suggestion, but unfoortunately got a message saying that some components were in use and could not be deleted. Tweaks still will not launch.
Help! I just want to install Tweaks. I'm a relative newbie, so a step-by-step explaination would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 6:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The answer is 5 thread posts down from your new thread here in the HPC2000 support forum:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=500&post...

Gotta use the search system
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 12:44 AM
#
Hi, I tried to move the mfcce300.dll file, but got a message saying that it was a ROM file, and cannot be moved (or deleted, as was suggested by the admin person for Tweaks2k2).
Again, any help will be appreciated! Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 8:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you soft reset, close all open programs, eject all hardware before attempting to detete it.
Also try it through ActiveSync
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 1:27 PM
#
Hi, I did several soft re-sets, with no luck. I'm tempted to go the hard re-set route, since I just got this machine, and there is little that I'd have to re-load.
I was told by Frank at Tweaks2k2 that the file is bad because of the ("hacked" Acrobat Reader that I installed. Would a hard re-set wipe all of this out?
And why would I get a message saying that I can't delete a ROM file? Are you saying that through the above-mentioned procedure that I might be able to delete it?
Thanks!!!!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 1:55 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yes, hard-resetting clears everything you have installed to the system to be wiped out. Also, for the Acrobat thing, you probably have to be a fairly advanced user to get everything working with it. As far as getting IE recognized as a newer version, just get a registry editor and go through these instructions from www.pc-counselor.com/j720.htm :

How I can change the User Agent of IE on my 720?

Yes, it can be done.

If you want to do it manually these are the registry keys that should be changed:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
entVersion\Internet Settings]
"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705) "

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur
rentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent]
"Platform"="Windows NT 5.1"
"Version"="MSIE 6.0"
"Default"="Mozilla/4.0"
"Compatible"="compatible"
"UA-Language"="JavaScript"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are still wondering about how to edit Acrobat, follow these instructions from the same site:

Can I use Pocket PC applications in my Jornada 720?

This information is provided for educational purpose only.

Well, recently a friend of mine from Spain found a way to change some Pocket PC freeware so they can be used in his HPC2000. The trick is simple. This guy copied from his PPC 3 files: aygshell.dll, mfcce300.dll and doclist.dll. Then he renamed the mfcce300.dll to mfcce30x.dll. After that he took the exe from the program he wanted to run in his HPC, opened with a HexEditor and look for the string mfcce300.dll and replaced the last "0" by a "x". Then he installed the application in his HPC and after that replaced the application EXE with the EXE by him edited.

Here is a list of PPC applications that has been tested and run in HPC using the above described method (note: the applications in this list are freeware or just application that have been legally bought for users and them "changed" so they can use them in the HPCs).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have answered this question a couple of times before. Just to be polite and not bog down other posts that are new, always search a forum to check if the question has been asked before, which may end up saving everyone some time. When there are many users on a forum for a specific device, generally they have run into the same problems before, and your question may have already been answered. ...This should go for all new users and guests, not just David.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 5:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you are using out acrobat redist you are not using a hacked version.
Hard reset
Install Tweaks2K2
Install Acrobat Reader
Move the mfcce300.dll from \windows into the acrobat directory
soft reset
Begin using the device & install everything else
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 11:26 AM
#
Hi,
Thanks for the advice -- I will give it a go! This is a great resource-- and, being new to tweaking, I am gratefeul for all of the help!

David
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8