x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Serial Connector Type

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Pokey Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 5:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wow! serial mouse with j - sounds great. I have got the cable with all the connectors ready - where can i find your mouse driver?
 Top of the page
Pokey Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 5:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok i found the driver - testing ...
 Top of the page
kitor
kitor Page Icon Posted 2006-09-02 1:03 PM
#
Can you compile driver for H/PC 2.0 MIPS? I can test it if you do (on Sharp Mobilon HC-4600).

Sorry about my bad English, I'm from Poland
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 12:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

HP still hasn't sent my serial cable I'm concerned that they no longer have any way to get them. I plan on giving them a call this week, but in case that doesn't work out, is Ebay my only other option?
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

try www.usedhandhelds.com

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

i will see if I have some extras.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-09-18 1:48 PM
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 11:32 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks a bunch CEYA! I found them listed on usedhandhelds and they're cheaper than what HP was going to charge me... if HP actually sent me one... if HP actually had them... even though HP listed them on their site... Think I'll cancel the HP order.

Edited by PDAfan 2006-09-19 11:35 AM
 Top of the page
72- Guest
72- Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-09-21 4:38 PM
#
I have an HP Jornada 720... what cables and connectors do I need to get the serial mouse to work?

Thanks,
Ryan.
ryan_noronha@hotmail.com
 Top of the page
Big-O Page Icon Posted 2006-10-10 12:03 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

PDAfan - 2006-08-10 9:21 AM

I see your point ShadowMaster . It stinks that HP doesn't make their Serial adapter anymore.

Would you be talking about this adapter?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-10 5:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

why to get that rare adapter. use a null modem.. i bought a 45$ j720 recently which included such a null modem, the owner (a company) used that to connect to some mobile phone over serial.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-10-12 7:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've had no luck locating the adapter pictured above, Big-O, but thanks. I agree with cmonex, the serial cable is available via Usedhandhelds and null modem adapters can be had at Radioshack. I think I have one in a box somewhere. Finding a serial or combo mouse, however, is a bit more difficult. Any suggestions? Will a PS2 mouse and a serial adapter work? I think I have that adapter in the same box.

My mouse setup could end up looking pretty funny: Serial cable->null modem->serial to PS2->mouse. Kinda takes the thrill out of having mouse input. I'll have a 10 ft. mouse cable and the weight of the adapters will keep pulling it off the table

Any circuit engineers in the house? There are serial to USB chips available. I saw one while researching a schematic to build a USB to DMX(RS485) adapter for lighting control. Unfortunately, the last time I used a sodering iron, I fried everything on a circuit board and melted a DVD case that was nearby too.

I still want to try and jerry-rig the Jornada side of the connection. That would open up the possibility to create lots of different serial interface cables.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The small serial in that pic is to also hook up two Jornadas together. I have one.

Wow I forgot this thread. I will look for sure tomorrow as I am cleaning up.

S/F,
Ceya!
 Top of the page
DaveH
DaveH Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 12:42 PM
#
Thank you ShadowMaster! I was able to find an old Microsoft serial mouse in the bone pile and it works great. Is there any way to change the the sensitivity, so that it doesn't move quite as far with each twitch of the hand? I will look forward to the next revision!
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Found an old Tandy mouse, lmao so old..

and I have a microsoft mouse..

all I need is my Jornada (being shipped from ebay) and the cable, (Have no clue how to change the cable..)
 Top of the page
supervaags Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 3:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

i also dont really no how to connect the mouse, can anybody help me out?
i have the syns serial cable(female) and a microsoft mouse (female)
so i only need a male to male db9 connector to connect those to and it will work?

thanks
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 14