x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Registry Access in WinCE

srikanthreddy Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any one please help me. How to access registry in WinCE as if we were using regedit in Windows?

Thanks in Advance
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 12:19 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Wait, are you trying to edit the registry remotely?! You may be able to export the registry files, but isn't there a reg editor for CE.net?
 Top of the page
srikanthreddy Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I need to change the and therefore I want to access registry and set the IP address key through program. If there is any function in Embedded VC++ which sets the IP address kindly let me know.

Edited by srikanthreddy 2005-02-05 12:34 AM
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 5:05 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

You have to install a third-party app to access the registry, WinCE doesn't have a registry editor built in. The one I use is included in Power Toys 3.0 from Microsoft - it's free. Just go to Microsoft downloads and search for CE Power Toys.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As surreal Monk says on the device you need to obtain a registry editor. One that works with CE4 is TRE:
http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/hpc/tre_e.htm

From the Platform Builder or eVC you have to use the remore resource facility on a target device. You need to have ActiveSync installed and a fully working connection partnership.
 Top of the page
srikanthreddy Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I need to change the IP Address and therefore I want to access registry and set the IP address key through program. If there is any function in Embedded VC++ which sets the IP address kindly let me know.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 3:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Do you mean you're developing something, and want to write some code to execute on the device which will change the IP address?

Registry access is achieved through the API. There's also a remote API which will allow you to do this from a PC.

Could you give more information on exactly what you're trying to achieve?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10