x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS [Global]: SmartBook G138

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 6:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is quite a long list, and I'm starved for time right now. I have answered that a couple of times on the board before, or see FeatComp_WindowsCE4.2.doc for the platform blurb.
 Top of the page
pinkk Page Icon Posted 2006-08-24 8:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

any g138 left? interested. Are ac adapters available for U.S.?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 6:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

pinkk, yes I can still provide G138's although there may be a delay because these new batteries still haven't arrived.

I do not have any US AC bricks that I can offer, however you can by all accounts get suitible ones from the likes of Radio Shack for a reasonable price - also car DC adapters. If you are interested in proceeding, please PM me and we'll talk some more
 Top of the page
Addypants
Addypants Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 10:56 AM
#
Followed a link from a wanted article. Wondering if there are any still available?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 11:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, yes they are.
 Top of the page
Addypants
Addypants Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 12:26 PM
#
Is current price still £250?
How long between ordering and delivery?
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi!

Just saw the topic and I might be interested in one of the units. What do you have left and what are the prices? Thanks a bunch!

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 4:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hello,

Yes, that is asking price still.

On the lead-time, let me explain. I had a really clever idea you see, for all the new in box, unused devices (save 4 of them which were sold early) I am getting brand new, 2006 manufactured batteries to go with them. Now, if you follow this thread back, you'll see that I ordered these batteries a couple of months ago... and, as you would see, they still haven't materialised.

It turns out, that apparently, according to US authorities, my batteries are a terrorist threat and can not possible be shipped to a heathen non-American, unless they're individually bubble wrapped (no, I'm not making this up).
Apparantly, if a Lithium battery pack is going to explode, 6mm of plastic wrapped air will prevent catastrophy - but 6mm of plastic wrapped air is NOT needed if it's on a plane in the USA, just International.

Now, poor old Clinton Fitch who has them after being rejected on threat-assesment grounds has the unemviable task of individually bubble wrapping my batteries and re-sending them... which I think he has now done.

So, the direct answer to your question is that I cannot send devices out at the moment because I have disposed of their old batteries. Once they arrive (I'm sure that'll be after a full cavity search has been performed), I can ship the same day if cleared funds are received in full by around 2:30pm UK time, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.

Inter-UK, I think I worked out that next-day shipping to the mainland would be roughly £8.

Half-saint. I have one device that I cannot seem to get to boot. I have one that I have been using as my personal test device (the ones used for photo's, reviewing etc) which doesn't have great battery life as its uses one of the original battery set. The rest are new and awaiting batteries.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-10-28 1:22 PM
It turns out, that apparently, according to US authorities, my batteries are a terrorist threat and can not possible be shipped to a heathen non-American, unless they're individually bubble wrapped (no, I'm not making this up).
Apparantly, if a Lithium battery pack is going to explode, 6mm of plastic wrapped air will prevent catastrophy - but 6mm of plastic wrapped air is NOT needed if it's on a plane in the USA, just International.

I know you're not making this up. Remember, we can't carry nail clippers on board because they might be used as weapons. (Safety is one thing, paranoia about anything not American is another.)
 Top of the page
Addypants
Addypants Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:12 PM
#
i had no idea the restrictions stretched that far, truly madness :S
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

That story about batteries sounds worse than the worst fiction story ever! Good grief... madness indeed!

Edited by Half-Saint 2006-10-28 5:30 PM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 6:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If my mate can do it I can have him bring it to you on his flight home to Leeds. He his checking flights now so I can get a eta for you.

How much is for just the computer no batteries?

I haven't heard from SmartBook and I did alot of hose cleaning on my laptop due to Trojan horse so I didn't get to read any emails. I will send out one later.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-10-28 6:03 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 6:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ceya

I haven't really thought about it to be honest, it is an odd request. The battery to me is really nothing more than £12/£15 so take that off, perhaps £1 for the shipping weight difference.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:AmIe ,

Ok but without a battery it has no life.

My mate can PU when he is home so I can save on shipping if I do get another one. I may be on the flight too so I may be able to pick up myself.

As you can see I hang around him, Aussies and NewZelanders alot..

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 4:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ceya, yeah, but when I can spend £20, get a new battery for it and sell it on, do you really expect me to say "oh here you go, have a virtually free device"?

I'm not that stupid.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10