x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS [Global]: SmartBook G138

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 9:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ladies & Gentlemen

It's the moment that none of us ever thought would happen - the batteries HAVE ARRIVED!

OSCAR speech: I'd like to thank Clint, and the very shocked DHL woman who got a hug, Tetley tea, British Customs for not holding it up...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

so what was the trick?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 1:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Spend a lot of money and put them in a large box.

Anyway, all my remaining G138 units are new units and have brand new 2200 mAh cells in them Better still they are available imediately to ship anywhere!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-12-10 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yay! I hope this batch will give the Smartbook a better reputation it deserves. After all the negative publicity with the battery, I was starting to feel unjust for the device. It is still the HPC that gave me the best computing experience.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-10 6:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I ran 6 devices on new cells over night for a prime cycle.

I set them all rolling at about 3:45pm, set power management to turn off the screen and keep the unit on.

With the screen off the entire time, they were still running up to around 9/10am the next morning.
 Top of the page
Addypants
Addypants Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 7:04 PM
#
Collected my smartbook today
Big thanks to C:Amie for putting up with me wanting to collect the unit in person.

Been playing with it all afternoon since I arrived home and im smitten by it. The smartbook being my first HPC (previously a psion user) I was a little aprehensive over the OS and its ease of use compared to Epoc systems however im yet to have a problem.

How units like this are not still produced and sold to the public is beyond me. Had it connected via ethernet. Very impressed with the speed of loading pages . Will over the weekend try out GPRS using a spare sim card as untill i purchase a CF Wi-Fi card ill be without a data connection away from home.

One thing i wasn't expecting was the level of interest generated by it (the guy in the canteen being one).Some of the family came round this evening and they were all amazed by it, showing far more positive reaction compared to my vario 2 (get one in for HPC's hehehe) even though they had no idea what it was.

Aware that im staring to write an essay ill leave it there and go play some more

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 8:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Addypants - 2006-12-15 4:04 PM

Collected my smartbook today
Big thanks to C:Amie for putting up with me wanting to collect the unit in person.

Hey, how many of us here can say they've actually met C:Amie in person?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 9:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's always good to meet a fellow/prospective user/convert in person. Don't take my illusive once in a lifetime surfacing as the rarity though - the fact that I was buying, that was the rarity!

The individual in the canteen certainly caught me off guard. I have absolutely no idea who on earth that was though!

Welcome to the delights of the Handheld PC, welcome to mobile freedom and, as we say. Welcome to HPC:Factor
 Top of the page
Addypants
Addypants Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 7:17 PM
#
Thanks for the welcome, Looking forward to becomming more active in the community as I lean more of HPC's

I had no idea I was part of such an exclusive group meeting C:Amie

Getting the smartbook has re-ignited my interest in HPC and Psions (Am I allowed to mention them here lol)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 7:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Only the Netbook Pro. (Just kidding. )
 Top of the page
jleichl Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 10:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any SmartBook G138's left? I've been looking all over on ebay and stumbled onto this. Thanks...
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-12-19 5:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yup, and a second hand one too.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-19 8:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As the man said Fully primed with new batteries and raring to go.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-18 5:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have been experimenting and am pleased to announce that I have found a way to get the G138's to talk to Windows Vista. You can drag and drop files across but unfortunately there is no compatibility with Sync Cenntre. It can read the CF/PC card storage adapters too.

See: CESDH0040

Devices are still available, so if you're interested please get in touch and have a chat
 Top of the page
PeteH Page Icon Posted 2007-02-20 8:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

I am new to HPC Factor, forums and HPCs having previously used Psions (Sorry). I find the Jornada very good and have just bought a new 728 (still awaiting delivery). I have a NEC 900C but I find this slower and less user friendly than the Jornada apart from the brilliant keyboard of course. I am intersted in a Smartbook G138 and have sent a couple of enquiry emails from your website but have had no response. Not suprising since no doubt you've been extremely busy getting this site up and running again. Thanks very much for that, I missed the site when it was down.

Have you got any Smartbooks left? If so do they have functioning batteries and how much are you asking at the moment? I may sell my 900C to part fund the purchase. I am located in East Yorkshire in the UK.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10