x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PIM/Calendar Software

lovemyjornada Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 7:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Like many of us, I use my Jornada 720 daily for use at work. As a result, I use Pocket Excel and the calendar and task programs constantly. I am not thrilled with the built-in calendar and task programs (I used to use Agenda Fusion on my Jornada 540) and tried using Agenda CE. Between the constant prompts to register (which is an impossibility...I would have gladly done so) and the interference with Adobe Reader 2.0, I had to give it up. Does anyone know of any other calendar/task/personal information programs out there that will run smoothly on the Jornada 720 (H/PC 2000)? I'm not very sophisticated with installations (not like you guys are) but I can follow simple directions if I needed to.
Thank you very much!

Edited by lovemyjornada 2006-08-15 7:20 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 7:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

interference with adobe reader? oh very easy to solve, just get the version from my site & overwrite original installation with it.
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 10:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I whole heartedly recommend Oyajin; a Japanese program in English translation. It's slightly rough around the edges, a bit like an Npop for dates, but is very configurable and has deep functionality. The J720 version can be found via Henri's Handheld Attitude, but if you want the desktop version (or indeed any of the others, MIPS, even PPC) then PM me.
Like many people here I never activesync, instead swapping a CF of files between HPCs and my laptop. You can use it this way, or there is a sync button on the desktop client, which allows synching bi directionaly when you are connected, without needing a conduit. It's freeware and no longer supported, although Oyajin++ continues to be developed in Japanese language only, primarily for PPCs.

Very best of luck.

s
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sch01ar - 2006-08-28 10:53 AM

I whole heartedly recommend Oyajin; a Japanese program in English translation. It's slightly rough around the edges, a bit like an Npop for dates, but is very configurable and has deep functionality. The J720 version can be found via Henri's Handheld Attitude, but if you want the desktop version (or indeed any of the others, MIPS, even PPC) then PM me.
Like many people here I never activesync, instead swapping a CF of files between HPCs and my laptop. You can use it this way, or there is a sync button on the desktop client, which allows synching bi directionaly when you are connected, without needing a conduit. It's freeware and no longer supported, although Oyajin++ continues to be developed in Japanese language only, primarily for PPCs.

Very best of luck.

s

Interesting software, but there is absolutely no instructions included.
Yes - most of it is understandable, but I don't see that it syncs with OUtlook, so I would imagine that I would has to start from scratch entering all of my appointments, tasks etc.

Also - In the Settings box there is a DIR folder, that asks you to fill in an Appointment Program in the form of a .exe file - what file am I suppose to be browsing for? Where's the manual when you need it??
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 5:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I can't be doing with Outlook, and found Oyajin when I was looking for something that (a) could store data off the internal store and (b)didn't need a fat ugly client on the PC. I actually quite like Pocket Outlook, and formely used CEAgenda very happpily until I decided I wanted to blow out AS altogether.
1. DIR wants the path of the software itself, so it can self-start for alarms, etc
2. You can designate entries for view in the daily, weekly, monthly or tasklist views, or any combination thereof. This means that an event can also be a task (and be flagged however many days in advance you've set)
3. Events designated as "Private" are viewed via the "P" button on the taskbar. This is in effect a second distinct calendar. You can also of course have any number of individual calendar files, as well as import and export to CSV.
4. Oyajin doesn't handle addresses; I use Tombo for that and GREP for the results I want.
5. Obviously any instructions are all in Japanese, and Oyajin has been translated to English via users. I wrote to the developers some time ago, and as work has officially ceased, they offered up the source code of the English version, if anyone is inerested.

S
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10