x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Blank processes on taskbar? ( MP790)

madmaxmedia Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,

So far so great with my new (used) MobilePro 790. Heck, even Pocket Word is working fine for me as an outliner (some styles change but outline structure is preserved when I open on the desktop.)

But...every so often I get these blank processes (boxes) on the taskbar. I can't shut them down with Alt-Tab, and when I click on them there's a window opening animation, but nothing onscreen.

I suspect they are the remnants of dialog boxes, etc. that the OS is not dismissing properly, but not sure. The only way to get rid of them is soft-reset (no big deal, but everything else is so stable that I'd prefer not to soft-reset at all!)

I don't have much in the way of hacks installed- I have geared's Shell Transformation pack, ReMap, and DeSappear. I think that's it.

Anyone else get this strange behavior? Even if I couldn't prevent it from happening, it would be fine if there was an easier way of getting rid of these blank processes (or whatever they are).

Thanks,
Steve
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange, i've never seen this problem any title on the tabs of the processes?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 8:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I do get a titled "ghost" process "PC card detected" sometimes when I don't tap on the corresponding screen dialog fast enough on my 790 after a soft reset. (The dialog closes, but the process won't go away until I soft reset again.)
 Top of the page
madmaxmedia Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 1:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Bizzare, ain't it?

There's no titles on the tabs, that's why it's weird. It actually sounds a lot like what CE Geek describes, but with other dialog boxes.

It might be one of the hacks I'm running, I'll play around with it a bit. The one I always use is the Remap one, although you wouldn't think that a keyboard hack would cause this...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9