x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

GAPI HACK (J7xx) For pDOSBox!!!

ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-20 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

n0p's port actually have a useful soft-keyboard drawn in the bottom of the screen that provides keys not found on Jornada 7xx devices (F1,F2...) but it's (was) totally unusable because pDosBox expects the screen to start at the very left edge of the screen and since the screen is centered (shifted by 160 pixels) so will be the "tap" coordinates.

I hacked this GAPI Implementation to report the video memory starting 160 pixels before it actually does. That cause pDosBox to believe it's writting at the center of the screen while is actually writting in the very left edge.

This Hack may not be useful for tons of apps, but at least it gets the job done with n0p's excellent port of DOSBox.

I really hope you enjoy it

As always available at http://www.damnsoft.org
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 4:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this very useful contribution !
As usual, your work is always highly appreciated
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
You have nerves of steel My only wish for pDOSbox (other than a larger display of its program) is COM1 support. I've emailed the author (who is a really nice guy) about this, but he has little free time...

Jake
 Top of the page
nts Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 10:17 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I tried the hack and the dosbox start on the left side of the screen. The on screen keyboard is usable now.
however I still cannot use directgapi option in the conf file.
 Top of the page
olavius
olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 2:23 AM
#
Nice work.

The DOSBox is now left aligned on the J7xx.

Would it be diffcult to change the GX.DLL so the image get stretched (either 640x240 or just 480x240)?

This is possible with the dummygx version if you change the .ini file, but this doesn't effect DOSBox as directGAPI doesn't work on the J7xx.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 11:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I think direct gapi would have a similiar effect as the code options.gx_direct_mem = 1; in J720 video which I uncommented, so it's actually using direct access to video memory.
About stretching it "may" be possible by replacing epson's blit routine for a dummy one (and probably making a buffered copy of video memory) but that would be slow. However, that would once again present the problems with the on-screen keyboard.
 Top of the page
Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 4:10 AM
#
Sad about the on-screen keyboard off course, but it would be very nice to stretch the screen in 80x25 text mode as this would improve the readability immensely.

Personally, I dont use the toolbar at all (I use a 0 byte toolbar) - I use the keyboard of the HPC.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

and how do you make function keys? (F1,F2,F3...)
 Top of the page
Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:16 AM
#
None of the applications I use needs the F keys, but isn't it possible to assign these in one of the .conf files?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11