x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

counting outlook contacts

bheuchert
bheuchert Page Icon Posted 2005-02-09 1:01 PM
#
Is there any one who knows an easy way to count contacts in outlook without doing it one at a time as I have well over a 1000 in my data base?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-09 2:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I *think* that this will do the job under HPC2000:
http://www.pocketkai.net/asp/en/details.aspx?318
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Chris

If you are refering to Contact Manager CE - Yes it does keep a count of all your Contacts, but it's very, very slow at loading the contact database. It takes about 30-35 seconds just to load 150 contacts.....I can't imagine how long a 1000+ will take!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I see, you've obviously had experience with it. I've not.
Is there something better that you know of?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-02-12 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I can't think of any that don't cost a lot of money and I get the feeling that bheuchert is looking for a free solution.

Personally, I'm not sure that I've ever given much thought to keeping track of the number of Contacts in Pocket Outlook. I can't see the value in it?

Anyway I believe that both of these programs will do what bheuchert
is asking, but at a very steep price. Both of these are overkill , if all your looking for is a Contacts counter.

Pocket on Schedule - Odyssey Soft

Pocket Organizer 2000 - O.K. Soft
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-12 10:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Aye, I think your right.

Only thing I could think of was an extension of the question for checking that the contacts were synching correctly.

The horrible thing is that froma programming perspective it's just a dead easy COUNT SQL statement thats needed to do it.
May be someone in the developers forum could run something up if you asked bheuchert?
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 1:00 PM
#
This is also probably overkill, but another possibility would be to use Phatware's Pocket dbExplorer (http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html). The current price is $17.95.

To use, one simply opens the database in question (i.e., Contacts) and reads (at the bottom right) that one is viewing x of y records. I have 969 records currently and the process takes essentially no time.

Hope this helps,

Bruce
MP890 Evangelist
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9