x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Urgent .pvb files NEED PVB.EXE

Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I REALLY Need PVB.exe for Handheld PC 2000
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 4:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

See this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

The ZIP file includes pvb.exe. However, I must warn you - I've downloaded this package and installed it in my H/PC 2000 devices, but I still can't get apps with the extension ".pvb" to work. (And I don't know of anyone else here who has either.) However, you may find the same apps with the ".vb" file extension in Vincent Collura's site:

http://www.cebeans.com

These will definitely work in H/PC 2000 with the VB runtime files in the ZIP file mentioned above.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

which do I Download
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 8:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

In the page the first link is to, you click on the VB runtime link and download the ZIP file. Then you can navigate through its subfolders to find the runtime files for your device type. Then you copy those files into \Windows on the H/PC. (Most of them are already there, but if you get a dialog asking whether you want to replace the existing file, click "Yes" anyway in case you already have some VB applications that overwrote some of the runtime files during installation.)

The second link leads to a page with a linear listing of VB apps written by Vincent Collura. The instructions are there. Even though these were written for Pocket PCs, most will work in H/PC 2000 (though you may or may not have working menus - I haven't found a solution yet to this problem).

Edited by CE Geek 2006-08-27 8:51 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9