x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sean o'Connor games problem

pitbone45 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 5:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hallo,
after having bought a terriffic J720 I've been busy these last days installing all kinds of software. CE-agenda runs like a dream, my Ambicom wireless cf LAN card functions flawlessly, as does nyditot, DVD catalyst and god knows what more. I am very impressed with the possibilities of this little gem.
The only software I cannot get to work is the paid version of Pocketslay -general and -conquest.
It is an install that goes more or less fullautomatic: the pc finds info from the 720 and installs the software. Afterwards I find the maps and even items in the start-menu.
But it just does not function. I get the message: 'cannot find "pocketslay" or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the libraries are available.'
It does not make any difference in this wether I try the RAM memory or the storagecard.
Does this problem sound familiar to anyone or is there perhaps somebody who could help me? Alas Sean o'Connor's emailsupport does not respond...
Thanks.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 7:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If you use executibility check from cmonex's site it will tell you what dlls the program uses and from there you can just copy the required dlls over to the installation directory on your device. I don't remember what it took to get it running on mine but I think it is only one dll.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 8:45 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

pitbone45 - 2006-08-31 5:34 AM

Hallo,
after having bought a terriffic J720 I've been busy these last days installing all kinds of software. CE-agenda runs like a dream, my Ambicom wireless cf LAN card functions flawlessly, as does nyditot, DVD catalyst and god knows what more. I am very impressed with the possibilities of this little gem.
The only software I cannot get to work is the paid version of Pocketslay -general and -conquest.
It is an install that goes more or less fullautomatic: the pc finds info from the 720 and installs the software. Afterwards I find the maps and even items in the start-menu.
But it just does not function. I get the message: 'cannot find "pocketslay" or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the libraries are available.'
It does not make any difference in this wether I try the RAM memory or the storagecard.
Does this problem sound familiar to anyone or is there perhaps somebody who could help me? Alas Sean o'Connor's emailsupport does not respond...
Thanks.

pitbone45

I don't think there are self installing versions of Sean's games for Handheld PC! I suspect that you downloaded the Pocket PC versions. Did you download the games from here;

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/HandheldPC.html

The HPC versions are zipped files, that you unzip on your destop pc and then simply copy the files over to your HPC.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 2:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is a bug in some 720s where Setup installers misidentify it as a Pocket PC rather than an H/PC 2000 device. There's a fix for this - I have it on a CD somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.
 Top of the page
pitbone45 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oepsss
John is right, I did indeed download the pocketpc version of the games. How dumm can you get?
I hope I can fix it in some way. Thanks for you help and insight.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10