x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

White Icon Text on720, for Use on Dark Wallpapers?

1 2 3 4 5
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

willdao - 2005-02-18 12:31 PM

There's a conspicuous lack of "m" on the blue one...I think it's fake...

... you are most welcome Willdao! Glad what little I know came of use. The credit should go to the SQ developer! Afterall he wrote that thingie!

oh, talking abt the blue one ... if you notice the light reflections on the M&Ms ... the blue one's reflection sheen is nearer to center ... whereas the yellow one is nearer the edge, this clues me that while they look rather identical, the blue M&M is tilted at an angle, and I believe its M is off center in the photo towards the top where it is slightly blurred out due to light diffusion ...

Now, if we run a Laplace transform on it with Histrogram plot, we should be able to capture a faint outline of the M on the blue one ... hahahaha

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

willdao - 2005-02-18 12:25 PM

Yeah, I fiddled with the various settings for the PC Card notification. Doesn't seem to have an effect on loading SQ properly from startup. Does remove the nag screen

(So, what's a minor inconvenience?!)

But take note that if you install a new pccard whose driver needs to be manually specified on first run, it will fail without a warning. You need to reactivate the nag screen temporarily and setup the driver for that card before deactivating the nag screen again. Again ... minor inconvenience. Afterall, how often do we get a new card anyway? We are pretty contented folks aren't we? hehe

All in all, I'm really, REALLY happy with the way my Jornada is looking--and functioning--compared to a week ago which seems like eons! Thanks to you guys.

You bet, It totally transformed my MP790 too!

As H/PCs continue to drop in price (Ebay is your friend!), yet dedicated enthusiasts as here and elswwhere refuse to give up on the form factor, hopefully we'll see some new products re-exploring this market, and see it grow from a niche to a full-blown sector. (Hp's been dropping hints to test the waters, as I'm sure folks know.)

hehe ... and with HP's old bosstress gone, the HP oldguard might just come to its senses and release J900 ... hehe just my wishful thinking ...
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 7:34 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I can't respond to ALL this lovely thought at the very moment; so let the grin above suffice! I gotta be a "quick-geek," on a Friday night!

Just lemme say, right on!, but I may have off-post responses, better not antagonize the Powers.

Heck, it was my inital post--gotta be responsible, right?

That being said, and apropos of dome darned thang, lemme faithfully report:

1) I'm a LIFELONG proponent of breaking the "glass ceiling" for women, and dammmmmit anywhere else it exists;

2) The latest potentate you reference has operated as CEO almost twice as long as the average CEO of Fortune 100 companies;

3) Personal admiration aside (and it's THERE), my favorite person of that very name is one of two people: a) that one from the publishing empire that made my knees weak when she sang; b) my best childhood friend's firstborn, whom I've similarly never met.

4) I think hp MIGHT be better served by a new Officer, in terms of what I expect from the co.--e.g. NOT quarterly profits, but long-term investment in new, emerging platforms and R & D and corporate culture. Whether the outgoing should be "blamed" for one's personal def. of " failures" notwithstanding (i.e. in the whole scheme, CE is a minor fish, so what one wishes for the past pays little resemblance to the future) onecannot fault that CEO for being visionary...maybe merely for failing to fall back and harness the same old tired bureaucratic horses to the "known" tech wagon.

I predict hp will reap rewards for a decade to come from her emphasis on the new...even as we, as (admittedly, right?) niche consumers, felt the blow in terms of our fave large-pocket platform. So, I don't sing in my soul when I hear her name...
Betchya her influence won't be forgotten, and that's not, nec., a bad thang!

My 2 cents. Been showering and dressing and laying down a line or two, but now it's time to go!

Darn! Other cool things to respond to, Snappy!!

You keep my mind workin'!

Howbouta new thread? (Sure, this is tongue-in-cheek!)

"Snappy! Aswers Willdao's Latest with a Twist for Everyone!"

Merci, mon ami!

We're so way off post now, it ain't even funny...!

Bon nuit, tout les....
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 8:14 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Pah!

I'm right back.

On time, myself, but made to wait! (Hmmm, why does this always happen?)

"Bosstress"is both a way-cool nickname, or an epithet, can't figure out which. Glad she wasn't my boss. Carly Simon, she ain't. Talked with her "Office" thrice about long-standing Q prob's with a laptop they pretty much refused to fix, and then piled me (and several 'few million others,' onto the Bangalore Express." Still, my final willingness to call Palo Alto and bitch scared folks in India. After too-many moons, they caved. And, truth be told, that they loved our TQM training in CA Corp. HQ never hurt! So, one can't really figure the worth of the outgoing CEO... bias...jealousy, bureacracy vs. innovation...who can figure it all out?

Neither could the BOD at hp! Took 'em a while...we'll see, precisely, HOW their decision will play out. Meanwhile--and as I suspect!--the "dominos" will continue to fall as planned, whither the new helmsman (helmsperson?) steers the corprate whip..OOPS! Freudian ship, I mean "slip"...ship otherwhere. Frankly, sex-as-CEOfactor-pondering is relatively irrelevant, and hopefully moreso, in future.

Now, good IDEAS, and strategic planning from STRENGTH, is the way to judge proper CEO leadership, and, well, it's tough.
The natural inclination of companies to plan for the future (e.g. to expend resources on R & D, versus on what "Wall Street expects thjis Q" is a tension that does not serve companies well. Ther'es always a new "hottie." And the threat from a mjor, say, pension-fund mgr. to sell frightens even those with the gonads that hang the lowest. (I'm including ovaries in here, you notice!)

(Where be the emoticon for this one? There ain't one. So: Here's "me,"

;>[ )

Ah, heck, Snappy!, start a really contentious business/political discussion on , like, the main Board; let's generate some Google numbers, and lure the unwitting HPC prey into our lair, as candles to moths!

C;Amie, much as it might've fatuiged you in another personality, troll for the kiddies enthralled with their PPC's once again! (I know, there's only so much one can do with adolescent gobs!)

The more HPC's ever held in admiring hands, the more the form factor will appeal!

(So, like, refrain from the Michael Jackson stuff,l and the Iraw debacle,, you folks, but be topical to other than to geeks-like-us, right? AND: EVERY quesy ultimately gets around, gently, to how the HPC formfactor is superior...sad, sin't it, that we must remain SECRETIVE about our so-superior technology...but, nhjust this once, junior, if you REALLY want to knowwhat's what, well, we'll offer a glimpse of "The Possible" and rock your world! )

Gotta go, finally...folk be darned near ready on a Friday night!

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

de hien, mon ami, de hien! (mon francais est *rusty* ... hehehe ... tres *rusty*)

ok ... enough for a Friday ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 4:17 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Wow...even I can't see MYSELF getting that off-topic...
 Top of the page
yobyeknom Page Icon Posted 2005-04-22 10:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Where do you get the English SQ?
I saw the link that C:Amie posted for the SQ site - babelfished it and downloaded it. I installed SQ but I'm getting little boxes on all the menus where the text should be. I saw Snappy's screenshot with the English menu in this thread. Is this just a language setting or is there a seperate English download?
Help!
BTW aside from a post on the HPCBay forum this is my first post here. Great site! I had an Aero 8000 for a few years that I just sold on eBay and I now have a NEC MP790.
Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

in the sq site look for an english link, over there you can download the english version for SQ. the site is the following: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA003011/

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
yobyeknom Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 10:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Gracias, matrixcore!
That did the trick.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There's nothing to thank about. I'm here to help

Glad i could do it
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 6:03 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Don't know if it will help you out, but I created a folder named "fake" on my CF card. Inside that, I named a folder "z" then I created a shortcut to "z" inside of my startup folder (there are actually no files inside either folder). So far, when I soft reset, that is the file it cannot find, not the SQ.exe or calligrapher (which was it's favorite before SQ was installed)
Click OK on the error, and calligrapher and SQ are loaded, don't have to manually launch them.

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

not sure if the original problem in this thread has been solved. but if not, check out the ce.net section, it can be done (white icon text with transparent background)
 Top of the page
szilamer Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 6:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex - 2006-06-14 11:03 PM

not sure if the original problem in this thread has been solved. but if not, check out the ce.net section, it can be done (white icon text with transparent background)

Do you mean this way?
Attached : before, after, and the simple app, that does it.
( change desktop icon text color to white, and background to transparent )

Edited by szilamer 2006-06-14 6:39 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

woo!!! i'll check this out... (does this also allow for any other colour?)
 Top of the page
szilamer Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 4:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex - 2006-06-15 4:39 AM
(does this also allow for any other colour?)

No, but this version allows it.
I also corrected the little bug , in the previous one that may caused to
display the half of the icon text in transparent, the other part is in fixed background. ( occured right after soft reset ) I forgot to include an UpdateWindow, sorry.

But this one is perfect, I hope.
HPC2000, arm version. It's a really simple program.
Setup :
desktopcol / setup at command line. You can choose a color, then desktopcol saves your color in
HKCU / ControlPanel / Desktop , IconTextColor.

Without /setup switch desktopcol reads IconTextColor from registry, and sends color values to desktop listview control. So you can place a shortcut in StartUp, or copy the whole, huge exe
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 14