x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Configure Wi-Fi

1 2
stanley Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 2:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, thanks. I'll see about that.
 Top of the page
stanley Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That worked. Thank you.
 Top of the page
kettles Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 3:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a 620lx, but no serial cable... I do have a 2 gb CF card and a multicard reader...

I have a microsoft MN-520 wifi card, and the drivers for it.. but how do I install them... I also think I need the CE 2.0 SP1 and NSP
I belive I have installed SP1 (it is now in the remove program list) but how do i install NSP? do i just copy the files over to the windows directory?? I need some help, as I am a Palmtop novice...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 3:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
kettles Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

on that page it says...
For instructions on installing software please see the Installation guides available in the support section.
but i cant find it there, Ill keep looking.... your still not helping for the card drivers.. and I dont know if I got Sp1 installed correctly (how do i know..)

I need much more specific instructions... I just got the 620, And i know very little about it

Edited by kettles 2007-03-16 4:12 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 5:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It also says this:

"A host installer is provided for uses who wish to automate the process using Microsoft ActiveSync to install the software.
Stand-alone Cabinet installation files are also available for both SH3 and MIPS processors for users who wish to manually install the updates without involving a host system."

In other words, just download the host version on the bottom of the page, connect the 620LX via ActiveSync (or Windows CE Services), double-click on the Setup file on the PC, and it'll install what you need.
 Top of the page
kettles Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

If you paid attention, you would know that I dont have A cable, so I cant host install.... DUH...
Anyway, I got the Wireless config utility to install, but I still cant get the drivers working... I jsut put the drivers in the windows folder right?? i did that and when I put the card in it asks for the driver name and I have tryed PRISMNDS PRISMNDS.DLL and PRISMNDS.003 none do anything ( the .003 is because for some reason one of the drivers was a .003 file... i have no idea hat that means..)

Maybe some new driver would help... Any ideas for another driver for it .. it used the Prism 2.5 chipset..

Edited by kettles 2007-03-16 5:48 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 6:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Doesn't the 620LX have an infrared port? You can connect that way via ActiveSync too, and host install that way. (You can also create a partnership that way if you don't already have one between the 620LX and your PC.) I read your post, and nowhere do you say that you don't have an IR port or adapter on your PC.

Okay, I'm going to ignore your attitude and try to help again. First off, you should know that the Prism drivers do not always work in CE 2.0 devices. Did you by chance download the driver from this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp

PRISMNDS or PRISMNDS.dll should work as the driver name. If you saw PRISMNDS.003, then it sounds like you extracted the CAB file on your PC and then copied the files over. The correct method is to copy the CAB file in one piece onto the 620LX and then tap on it on the device, whereupon it will self-extract and install. Is that what you did? (Just let it install to the default location it shows you when it asks for the install location.)

If you want a step-by-step, then show us the same respect and let us know, step by step, what you've done so far. Otherwise, we can't help.
 Top of the page
kettles Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got it all working... Yeah I know I just got the 620 today, Im sorry about my attitude... I was getting annoyed because (i have no IR port ) I have to run downstairs to the printer with the multicard reader and then back up here where i was working... Sorry, I got the hacked Belkin driver working, turns out that NSP wasn;t installed correctly, once i put it on it worked fine. thx though, I found enough info in another thread before you replied.. Thanks anyway, this fourm is very active, I am glad I found it!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2007-03-17 12:32 AM
I read your post, and nowhere do you say that you don't have an IR port or adapter on your PC.

most pc's dont have it anyway
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 1:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

True, most don't have an IR port, but nearly all of them have USB ports, where one can insert a USB-to-IrDA adapter. That would be a relatively easy solution for our friend kettles if (s)he wishes to use ActiveSync.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 2:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i just meant it is not likely he had that adapter either. if he had it then he'd not be asking about installing cabs let's drop this subject though.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10