x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 720 and microdrive/cf wireless

bayouman
bayouman Page Icon Posted 2005-02-13 8:42 PM
#
Hi, I'm a newbie to j720. I have a question, can I use a toshiba 2gb microdrive and use the cf slot for wireless?? or if i want wireless i must use the pc card slot...thanks
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-13 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Welcome onboard!

Yes, you can use 2GB CF and wifi on the J720. However the CF slot is below and most wifi cards will cause the slot not to close proper. Most of the Jxxx users use the CF slot for CF mem cards while the wifi card goes to the pccard slot.

If you get a wifi cf card, which usually is easier on the battery, you can use a cf->pccard adapter.

Have fun!
 Top of the page
bayouman
bayouman Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 12:02 PM
#
Could someone recommend a good brand and will I be able to view yahoo mail..thanks
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You can find a whole list of compatible hardwarelist at HCL ... http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/search.asp?mstrcat=7

Maybe we can rename the link on top as "Compatible Hardware" instead?

Note that with your J720, you will be able to surf the web and access Yahoo mail, but only through its mobile mail page. That means, they will only display an email broken up into pages eventhough our handheldpc can cope with a long email!

But at least, you can get your emails.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8