x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Car PC runs WINDOWS CE NET 5.0 and GPS software

[Frozen]
1 2
Frozen
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 11:04 AM
#

Dear guys I bought this gadget from China and I want to customize the GPS software that it has
because the included software is Demo version in Chinese and without Greek maps (I forget to tell you that I leave in Athens Greece) I tried to install OZI explorer but I don't have the file wceload.exe to install cab files (USB port is in master mode and didn't support activesync for a normal installation), I tried to install Destinator ND from another PNA (Bluemedia) but the program compilation was for different CPU.

Please try to help me

Description

Multi-functions navigation system integrates GPS, DVD Multimedia, Car Phone, Internet, E-mail and Games. Bring driving not only safety and easiness, but also, more entertainment.
Navigation system pinpoints your present location, denotes surrounding streets by name and indicates points of interest nearby.
With a massive 20GB capacity, the HDD can contain maps of virtually all of a continent, including voice and menu data in many kinds of language.
Additional monitors can be installed to enhance the enjoyment for the rear passengers.

Product Features

6.5 Inch TFT LCD (Resolution: 800×480 1152000 pixels)
Voice guide, route plan, dead reckon, etc
Touch-responsive interface
Microsoft Windows CE.net
20G HDD (special for vehicle)
DVD player, Compatible with DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD,CD,CD-R/RW,MP3
AM/FM super radio receiving / MP3 player
Mobile office
Internet & E-mail
Car Phone

Specs

• CPU: 200MHz, X86, integrated 2D, MMX
• Memory: 128MB
• HDD: 20G
• O/S: Windows CE NET 5.0
• Running temperature: -20~60 C
• Storage temperature: -40~85 C
• Touch screen: 4 lines resister type
• Storage material: 256MB CF card
• Power supply: 9V~12V running current: 1.6~10A
• Radio: AM/FM digital tuning, FM:87.5MHz~108MHz AM:531Khz~1602KHz
• Disc supporting: DVD (single/dual layer),DVD-R/+R, DVD+R dual layer, DVD-RW/+RW,CD/CD-R/RW
• Display screen: 6.5" 16:9 fat screen, resolution: 800*480,brightness: 380cd/m2, viewing angle:
L/R 65 degree, U 65 degree, P 60 degree.
• Amplifier: 45W/channel, 4 channels, 45W * 4
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 12:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nice device but with x86 you won't get too far
sorry
maybe ask TFGBD, he has some x86 software.
 Top of the page
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 1:19 PM
#
Thanks for your reply
The manual says that the CPU is MIPS II but the about tab from help says x86
The joke is this:

Navigadget says:

This in-dash car PC from Prober Industries, called the “E319?, is for those who don’t want any cables and chargers in their car. The device functions as an entertainment center and has a 6.5? touch screen with 800×480 resolution with a 65 degree viewing angle. Speaking of angles, it can connect to backview camera using a CVBS video input port so you can see what’s behind when you are backing out of your garage.
It can connect to the internet using GPRS networks and can be used as a cell phone over GSM networks. The car PC components aren’t that impressive but it should be good enough for playing your media files. It has a 20GB HD with 128 MB of RAM which connects to a 400MHz AMD AU1200 processor running Microsoft Windows CE 5.0.
The specs on the GPS receiver isn’t all that clear but the navigation system supposedly can provide voice guidance and route planning.
Besides all these, other features that are worth mentioning: AM/FM radio, DVD, VCD, CD, MP3 player. USB and headset ports in front and a stylus pen.
The price is not given but Prober Industries is willing to share that info if you put in an order for 100 or more units.

http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/2006/06/30/in-dash-car-pc-with-...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you have a control panel on the unit? and a system applet in it? that will tell you what cpu you actually have.

if you don't have that... well we can still find out
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi I am the TFGBD person cmonex mentioned above and you are in luck because one of my little pet projects is making more software available for x86 Windows CE. That looks like a cool little device despite being x86. This is just the kind of device I made my x86 Windows CE Software list for. The x86 Windows CE software list is my little project where I list every Windows CE/Pocket PC program I have come across online that has an x86 binary available. You would be suprised what famous commercial WinCE apps already have an x86 build. SpreadCE, PocketDOS and even Pocket On Schedule do! In addition to searching for commercial/freeware x86 software on a semi-daily basis, I am also in the process or compiling every open source WinCE program I can find for x86! This includes things like the nPOP email client, TCPMP media player, ITaskMgr process viewer, MortPlayer in car MP3 player for touchscreens, PocketSNES Super Nintendo Emulator and many other game console and computer emulators. I will eventually host these on some kind of website when I have enough stuff compiled and get them more organized. Please see my list for a more complete listing of what open source stuff I may be compiling. Also, since many programs do not provide source code but are still freeware, I am also beginning to email various freeware authors and request that they compile their programs for x86(and others). I have already gotten a few programs ported so far.

Sadly, even with all my efforts, there is still not nearly as much native software for x86 as ARM or MIPS. Luckily, native C++ programs are not the only source of Windows CE software. In addition to native software, there are also many managed programs for Windows CE these days. If you install the .NET Compact Framework runtimes, you will be able to run most Pocket PC programs that are written for the .NET Compact Framework. Some examples of such apps are the WordNetCE dictionary, MyPocketCalc RPN calculator, CHMReader.net CHM Viewer etc. And don't forget eMbedded Visual Basic apps either! While its true many come as processor specific cabs that bundle the .vb app and the eVB runtimes for a specific processor, it is often easy enough to extract the .VB file from the cab and have it run on an x86 device with the eVB runtimes installed.

I hope the above has helped you realize that x86 is not as limited as many first think. Of course, many of these apps need the wceload.exe cab installer before you can use them. If its missing the wceload.exe cab installer, I can provide you with that. I have attached an x86 Windows CE 4.2 version of wceload to this post. CE 4.2 is close enough to CE 5 that it should not really matter. Place it in the \Windows directory of your device and see if you can then install cabs. You may also need to associate it in the registry but OEMs are often too lazy to remove its association from the registry and just copying the exe may be enough.

Now, I have a few questions about your device above:
Does it come with the Handheld PC-style shell(Win9x-like UI) as shown in the photo above? Or do you just get that car radio UI. Is there any way to transfer files to the device? Please explain how all this is done.

I hate to break this to you, but there is not really any GPS software compiled for Windows CE on x86. Though, I was quite shocked to learn that TeleType once supported x86. However, when I called them, they informed me that they no longer support any processor but ARM now. It may be possible to track down the x86 build through "other means" but even that may be difficult as very few users are even interested in x86. You might also be able to get a version of Destinator for x86 by requesting an x86 build of their "Destinator SDK" product via email. Another program called "Kingmap/PaPaGo also has an OEM version. They may send you an x86 version if you email them requesting it but I can't be sure. Finally, there is a free/open source GPS navigation program that uses US population data for its maps called RoadMap but its not really very advanced for a navigation program. Thats about it for GPS navigation software on x86. Is it possible to copy the Navigation app that comes with your device somehow? If so, it would be great to have for other x86 Windows CE devices. If its possible, please email me at tfgbd0_nospam_at_gmail_dot_com .

And of course, here is my famous x86 WinCE software list with native, NETCF, eVB, open source and now even hardware listed:
http://tfgbd.web1000.com/x86%20CE%20software.txt Updated today! I know its really getting too large for a simple text file. I will convert it to better format someday.

Here is Microsoft's own extensive list of .NET Compact Framework freeware/shareware/open source programs :
http://blogs.msdn.com/netcfteam/archive/2006/07/11/662646.aspx
Since you have a CE 5 device, you will also be able to use the NETCFv2 apps too.

If you need some more help, please don't hesitate to visit me on IRC at irc.efnet.org #hpcdev so we can discuss this in more detail and I can try to help you get your device working how you want it. I would also really love it if we could discuss this in realtime on IRC.

Thanks for telling us about your device and I hope my post was helpful.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-10-08 3:30 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tfgbd0_nospam_at_gmail_dot_com ... is that tfgbd0_nospam_at_gmail_dot_com or tfgbd0_at_gmail_dot_com ? so confusing

anyway nice post
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

remove the nospam and other crazy chars like _
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 5:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I can get you the wceload.exe for 5.0 later today if you are interested.
 Top of the page
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 4:15 AM
#
Dear TFGBD

Sorry for the delay of my answer but I was in Paris for a week and I didn’t have the time to thank you for your help and your kindness to give me the file wceload.exe.

My carputer is x86 compatible based on SIS 550 chip http://www.sis.com/products/sis55xfamily.htm

Your list is very interesting but all programs, wants files or objects that are missing from installation of Windows CE 4.2 NET.

I have an attachment of all software that I have in my carputer in default situation.

E319 Main folder contains all software for radio, DVD, MP3 player, GPS phone, email, internet, games, notebook, settings etc.

eCarCIS Folder contains the GPS program, maps etc.

Windows Windows folder that has the files of O.S. from the NK.bin file after extraction isn’t able to copy.

BLDR boot loader.

NK.bin Operating system compiled and encrypted (I think).

Start.exe the main program (interface).

Update.exe utility program to update the carputer.

If you have the missing files or objects from complete installation of Windows CE 4.2 NET for x86

Please send me because of my installation has only the necessary files and isn’t a complete version of Windows CE 4.2 NET.

I am trying to send you the attachment file root on c.rar 37 MB in your email

Thanks again

Ckrasos

Top of the page
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 4:17 AM
#
Thanks

TFGBD sent me the file
 Top of the page
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 4:19 AM
#
Thanks cmonex
for your replay
ckrasos
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 9:07 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

when you run a program compiled for x86, and it won't run, tell me: software name and the error message. too bad we don't have a x86 version of execheck but the problems can still be solved...
so give me some examples and i'll show you how to solve it (if possible)
 Top of the page
ckrasos
ckrasos Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 11:32 AM
#
Dear cmonex

The programs are in cab fie format

CrunchIt.NET_X86.CAB
ptoolsv4_03eva.686.cab
PocketTV_Pro.HPC2000_X86.CAB
pkpc310.PPC310_x86.CAB
PHMWCEPT.WCE4_X86.CAB
PHMWCE!.WCE4_X86.CAB
hPoWing.I486 (4K) v3.00.CAB
hPoGeo.I486 (4K) v3.00.CAB

The message is the same (component or file is missing)

version of wceload is correct from tfgbd0

thanks for your help
ckrasos
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmmm "component missing"? baaaad error, i hoped for "not valid ce app"

anyway, where did you download these? can you send some of the smaller ones to my email, contactchan (at) freemail.hu ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the cabs you sent me.

1) you need mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll
2) you need aygshell.dll

TFGBD will send these to you i'm sure.

3) did all the cabs install? if the pockettv and PHM cabs failed, tell me please. also, did any other cab installs fail? if so, we'll edit them to make them installable.
 Top of the page
1 2
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12