x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wikipedia on MDict

1 2
shriek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 2:40 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Can anyone compare this MDict version to the other Tomeraider one? I have the tome raider version (TR3) and the file is 1GB! how can this version be at the same time newer and smaller?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-10-20 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

shriek - 2006-10-16 2:40 PM

Can anyone compare this MDict version to the other Tomeraider one? I have the tome raider version (TR3) and the file is 1GB! how can this version be at the same time newer and smaller?

The MDict version does not contain any graphic images...could that be the difference?
shriek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-20 3:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

well, tomeraider version doesn't include images either... I'm downloading MDict version to compare... I can't get Tomeraider to work on my Sig... not the evaluation version anyway...
aspenboy
aspenboy Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 11:03 PM
#
I just checked the wiki.mdx and it seems not to have all wikipedia entries. For example there isn't a "jornada" entry even though there is one on wikipedia. Also the "iPod" entry talks about 2003 ipods so I think it may be an old version.

Chris
shriek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 11:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yeah I noticed that yesterday... I tried other options like tomeraider or lexipedia... but only MDict worked for me... I just don't know why I can't get tomeraider to work..
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

aspenboy - 2006-10-23 11:03 PM

I just checked the wiki.mdx and it seems not to have all wikipedia entries. For example there isn't a "jornada" entry even though there is one on wikipedia. Also the "iPod" entry talks about 2003 ipods so I think it may be an old version.

Chris

Chris

In the original news item I believe I mentioned that I thought it was 2003 information in the MDict Wikipedia file.
In any case it's still pretty good stuff considering it's free.... and who knows, maybe it will updated it in the future.
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-15 6:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi John - I tried the link to download Wikipedia, however it comes up as "not found on server" and the web site seems to be down. This has been the case when I have tried to download over the past 6 months or so. - If you can provide a link that currently works I would be grateful?

By the way, I have had MDCT working on my MobPro900C for a while now - it works fine if the dll's for HPC2000 from cmonex site are saved to the Windows folder, using the NEC ROM, or if cmonex Custom ROM is loaded, then the dll's are not needed because they are already loaded in the ROM. - I have been using MDICT for a year or two now on Jornada 720/ 728 and then MobPro and it is excellent!
Kind regards
ExPsionMan
Animo
Animo Page Icon Posted 2007-09-18 4:59 AM
#
Hi ExPsionMan- You can try here ;

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-wikipedia-in-mdict-for...

And download WIKI.MDX Filesize is about 162Mb

Cheers,
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-18 2:51 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Thanks for link - this is the first time I have tried on ethat seems to work! -Even though I have Googled and tried various sites without success in the past.
Kind regards
ExPsionMan
Animo
Animo Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 9:26 AM
#
Hi ExPsionMan
Glad you got it !

More info on MDict dictionaries..

The MDict also runs on Smartphone so you can find and download some more files from the PDA
(including Smartphone) Web sites like;

http://www.vladzz.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid...
or
http://www.gpcarreon.com/ then go to MDict Files under Category

And if you want dictionaries (language) running on MDict you can convert from "StarDict" files
by MDXBuilder which you can download from Octopus Studio (where youve downloaded MDict)

You can visit StarDict at
http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries.php
and get your dictionary files

Tutorial on how to convert from "StarDict" into "MDict" you will find here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1495342

Cheers,

Edited by Animo 2007-09-19 9:44 AM
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 8:18 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Thanks for info - Yes the Dictionaries are excellent, I have been using them for a year or so now (first on my Jornadas and now on my MobPro900C) there are also various other documents that are useful.

Regards the Wikipedia download unfurtunately, the download failed at about 50% and when I try to download again I get the message that I have exceeded my Download limit and need to try again after 440hours have passed - that is unless I wish to pay/ sign up to a downoad subscription.

Unfortunately the main download site - from memory "argev...." or similar - which I have been trying for several months is still down.

I guess I'll have to keep trying/ searching for a working link.

Regards
ExPsionMan
Animo
Animo Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 9:41 AM
#
Hi,

Yes me too I love this MDict so much ..

On your downloading problem I think its a question of how busy their server, internet traffic etc ?
Link given is OK for sure

Today Ive just tried it without any problem. Took me about 45 min to download WIKI.MDX 166.058KB
I did "Free download" not "premium download" as you did ?
I remember about a few months ago downloaded this WIKI from the same site it took me almost three hours!

Good luck!
Cheers,
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, you can try changing your IP and browser to download again

best would be opera, which can resume the download.

or maybe a download manager, if that is not forbidden there.
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 2:47 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Again - Thanks for info - I have tried to download and this time it has worked fine. I had not thought of trying again until your above post as I had received the message from their site that I needed to wait 440hours. - The download was slow but I eventually received file in about 1 hour and I've loaded on Memory Card in MobilePro and it works fine.

I'll spend some time now reviewing it's contents, which though I understand is reduced from that available on the WEB, I am sure will still be fairly comprehensive.

Kind regards
ExPSionMan
isyan
isyan Page Icon Posted 2008-01-11 11:16 PM
#
ExPsionMan - 2007-09-20 8:18 AM

Hi Thanks for info - Yes the Dictionaries are excellent, I have been using them for a year or so now (first on my Jornadas and now on my MobPro900C) there are also various other documents that are useful.

Regards the Wikipedia download unfurtunately, the download failed at about 50% and when I try to download again I get the message that I have exceeded my Download limit and need to try again after 440hours have passed - that is unless I wish to pay/ sign up to a downoad subscription.

Unfortunately the main download site - from memory "argev...." or similar - which I have been trying for several months is still down.

I guess I'll have to keep trying/ searching for a working link.

Regards
ExPsionMan

its www.airfagev.com - lots of downloadables and very helpful peoples.
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 17