x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

patlucas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again

I have a feeling the IR port on my J720 does not work but I am not sure. Is there an application out there that will give a visual or audible indication when IR activity is detected such as from a remote control or other IR device?

I have tried sending a business card from my Nokia 6310i to my J720 via IR and nothing was received on the handheld. Does this indicate that the IR port on my J720 is dead or could this be a protocol issue?

Many thanks for your replies.

Patrick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 4:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Having the IR lamp searching for connections would be a battery drain, so under CE as on the cell phone it will be off by default.

To receive a business card - so long as it is compatible you want to use the Contacts applciation and from the file menu tell it to "receive...".
with files from other H/PC's you do the same from the File menu in Windows CE Explorer.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

an idea. might work or not:
soft reset and press the S button at once (after you pressed soft reset)!
then you'll go into HP diagnostics you can test the IR there. but: i'm not sure if it works, because for example it said my pcmcia slot failed in the test, however that is not true (luckily). worth a look anyway
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 7:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need an IR loopback adapter to perform the system diag.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 10:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Do you have GPRS in you mobile operator's network? If this is the case, follow the instructions found at the link below:

http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html?/j7xx/gprs_720.htm...

You will probably not connect to internet but you will be able to see if there is some progres inside the dialer's window. If so, your IrDA probably works

If it works and you want to use GPRS, contact your mobile provider....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 2:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Or just use the Integrated IR driveron the 720 to dial any old number up over GSM; ISP, home phone number or otherwise
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9