x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Sigmarion 3 language patch/MUI

1 2 3 4
astuermer
astuermer Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 5:23 PM
#
Jax184 - 2006-10-20 8:51 PM

I'm currently making a new english language conversion for the Sig3. At the moment it's a modified version of the existing one, but it'll be a fair bit different by the time it's done.
It occured to me that it would be quite easy to adapt the program for other languages at this point. Would there be interest in a german/french/spanish version of the patch?

Hi Jax,

There is already a german version of a sigmarion III patch available for months.
Look at www.sigmarion.at (german/english) website with lots of sig3 hacks and of course the german language pack

PS: I've got WinCE CAB Manager full version, so I think we can work together if you want.

Best regards & luck,
Andreas

Edited by astuermer 2006-11-01 5:24 PM
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

No offense, but I tried the German version when I was looking for solutions to several problems, and I was unimpressed by it. There were too many places that I felt were poorly done, or at least unfinished.
This coming from someone who's only released a buggy beta...
 Top of the page
astuermer
astuermer Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 2:59 AM
#
So I wonder why you contacted me in MSN begging for some help?!
Do you plan a one-man-show or do you want team work?

I don't think our small HPC community is a place to make your own way since you can get more out of it if you work together
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jax has already offered to open up the files when he's got as far as he wants earlier on this thread, so I don't think he's looking to block people out - and he did say that he does realise that he's only released a buggy beta to date

Takwu, thanks for posting your notes. If we can all do that sort of thing, then it means we can build a common understanding in the community allowing everyone to pitch in where they feel comfortable. So, really, thanks
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

astuermer - 2006-11-01 11:59 PM

Do you plan a one-man-show

On the contrary. I was going to suggest that we merge the two patches when I've finished mine. Then the german pack can benefit from several of the fixes I'm working on.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Superb

Do you want to set yourself a target date for the beta release? I tend to work best under deadline
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark, you didn't answer whether you saw this:

chiark - 2006-10-23 11:18 AM

Oh, another thing! I started writing an application to keep the japanese and english "start menu" directory in sync. If you want to include this, let me know.

didnt takwu solve that in a very simple way? (hexediting ceshell mui)

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3879
-----
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 6:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Okay, I really can't go much farther without being able to add japanese text to the registry and several MUIs. Everything I've tried so far has failed.

At this point I'm looking at setting up a machine running nothing but japanese versions of windows and the software.

If that doesn't work, the best I can do is a release that fixes a few things, but Still leaves the startup, favorites, desktop, recent, etc folders half broken. And I suspect flash too, as it's problems are probably related.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 6:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

What exactly do you need to add to the registry? I could write you a small command line utility which takes a key name and hex characters as input and simply writes the registry value
So if you know the unicode hex value, we're good to go.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 7:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I need to add in the english names of the time zones, need to replace the themes, need to edit a few other things.

Keep in mind that all of this is on the Sigmarion, and tie sig's command line is Very slimmed down. I don't know that you can do much to the registry from there.

I have no idea what the hex values are for a pile of japanese text, but I could find it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 7:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jax184 - 2006-11-14 12:41 PM

Okay, I really can't go much farther without being able to add japanese text to the registry and several MUIs. Everything I've tried so far has failed.

At this point I'm looking at setting up a machine running nothing but japanese versions of windows and the software.

If that doesn't work, the best I can do is a release that fixes a few things, but Still leaves the startup, favorites, desktop, recent, etc folders half broken. And I suspect flash too, as it's problems are probably related.

is that free cab manager someone recommended no good?? at least wince cab manager can put stuff in the registry.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 7:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Putting text into the registry isn't the problem. It's putting Japanese text into the registry that causes problems. The result is a mess.

Anyway, I MIGHT be able to fix that part. The MUIs are still a problem.

Edited by Jax184 2006-11-14 7:23 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 7:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, i see.. you need to get in contact in a japanese developer, i'm sure they know the trick

what is the problem with the mui's?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 12:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Keep in mind that all of this is on the Sigmarion, and tie sig's command line is Very slimmed down. I don't know that you can do much to the registry from there.

No, but if I write you a command line utility to do what I described as I offered then you can
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9