x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wireless card.....

1 2
kazuk
kazuk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 4:28 PM
#

Just ordered the HP Jornada 680E from TG.
Can someone recommend a wireless card....?
Linksys, netgear, d-link,...?

I know nothing about hanhelds so all help would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me directly at ocd@bellsouth.net

Thanks a billion.

K
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 7:36 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

SILENCE!!! HCL
 Top of the page
Todd Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

heh heh ..... nice.
 Top of the page
90right
90right Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 1:01 PM
#
Did you find out? I'm trying to get my Netgear MA401 to work, but not having much luck @
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 2:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

search for ma401 on the forum. someone with a 680 has already posted how to get it to work.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

you should check the HCL. I personally have an Orinoco Silver card, which i recommend completely. it works like a charm, and the driver autoloads (avaya wireless one)

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
DANNY
DANNY Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 8:18 PM
#
Hi 90right, i to have a netgear ma401 and it works great. I got all my information here http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wl100driver.htm. you should use the wl100 driver rather than the prism driver. At least in my case it works great.

Danny
 Top of the page
Idoru Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 10:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

matrixcore - 2005-04-24 7:38 PM
I personally have an Orinoco Silver card, which i recommend completely. it works like a charm, and the driver autoloads (avaya wireless one)

I second the recommendation of Orinoco. I have a Classic Gold card and it has worked flawlessly with my 680e.
 Top of the page
90right
90right Page Icon Posted 2005-04-25 3:10 AM
#
Danny,

I have got the prism drivers to work flawlessly as well, followed this forums instructions, and can be seen surfing this site, in my car outside my house, in my garage, in my neighbours living room.

Fantastic piece of kit this Jornada, wish i had the money when it first came out, but still 6 years down the road and for £51 it still holds its own!

Cheerio

Rich
 Top of the page
harrisupstate Page Icon Posted 2005-05-06 11:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Just got my Orinoco Silver card in the mail last night, and I'm curious -- when you say the driver "autoloads", do you mean you just stuck the card in the Jornada and the software automatically loaded? So you didn't need to use the CD, or another driver that you downloaded?

Thanks.
Harris
 Top of the page
harrisupstate Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can't install my silver card... what happened is that I downloaded the driver from the hcl, opened the 2.11 folder, ran setup, and it appeared to be installing on the Jornada. I went into Control Panel, found the wireless settings utility, and put in the network name and the security key. But the program that came along with the installation "Orinoco ..." under start-programs won't start -- when I start it, it says "Driver not installed" and it closes itself down.

The lights on the card aren't lighting up either.

Could someone please point me to a simple set of instructions on installing a silver card? I couldn't find anything in the support section of this site.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 6:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

harrisupstate,

That is a bit of a perplexion now isn't it.

When you inserted the adapter, were you prompted for a driver name? (Little text box that popped up)
 Top of the page
harrisupstate Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 7:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2005-05-09 6:57 AM

harrisupstate,

That is a bit of a perplexion now isn't it.

When you inserted the adapter, were you prompted for a driver name? (Little text box that popped up)

Yes! I was. I just typed in some random name, and the box went away. Did I need to type in something special?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 8:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, the driver

Which I believe is WLLUC46 for you.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 2:03 PM
#
Guys,

This is a little bit off topic, but a friend of mine is forced to use his J680e after his Psion was stolen. He has a Cisco and Orinoco Gold card that does not seem to work with the J680e. They both have drivers and he can get a signal strength but he's not able to browse.

Are there any other special steps needed on the J680e as compared to the J720? On my J728, I just load up the Agere Client, scan for the SSID and I can connect, most of the time.

Any help would be appriciated.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13