x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can C# do Win CE 3.0?

msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 3:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

just wondering, because that's the language that i'm currently learning. and i wanna know if it can do programs for my jornada.

i know c# apps require .NET framework, so can that be installed on the jornada?

thanks,

p.s. how to get email notification to work?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 8:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The .net CF has been installed onto the Jornada, I have thefiles somewhere. I do not believe that it is any where near reliable though.

Board notifications currently don't work unless you're staff. We are working on it.
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 4:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

acronyms, acronyms and more acronyms...why do you wanna make me look online to figure out what cf means? you could've just said compact framework!

i already have so many acronyms in my head. in fact, that's what i go to college for; to learn acronyms for common sense business principles.

anyways, back to the point. so you don't suggest that i don't waste time trying to do c# apps for jornada?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 4:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you wanted to for your own know how, then I guess. However there is no commercial or redistributable modle to it.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... gues when you are at HPCFactor (HandheldPersonalComputer Factor) forum, you better get used to seeing acronyms, or seeing some that you don't know at first sight! ... ...

I would not recommend trying to patch .NET CompactFramework onto Windows CE3.0.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-26 6:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you know (rhetorical as there is no way you could) that this site was originally going to be called "Handheld Factor". We would be a very simple 'HF' if we were.

Moving on...

There is also the problem that the CF has had three SP releases since the last person I know of tried it, which should be applied to keep consistency between the device and VS.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 29