x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

No such file or directory

duniamaya
duniamaya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-11 2:46 PM
#
hi folks need help here =)

I tried to partition CF card (/dev/sdb1), with fdisk or cfdisk with live CD of Knoppix, DSL-N and UBUNTU. I was able to create both partition FAT 16 and LINUX (/dev/sdb1p1 and /dev/sdb1p2). But when write the partitions, it say successfully wrote the table but unable to re-read the table. will display the table after reboot, something like that.

but when you try to format either /dev/sdb1p1 and /dev/sdb1p2 it always say No such file or directory, even after reboot.

I am a newbie w/ linux, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-11-12 5:10 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

/dev/sdb1p1? What kind of system are you using to do this?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-11-12 5:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Heh, that is odd. It should be more like /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2, as sdb is the hard disk ( CF ) sdb1 would be partition 1 ( fat16 ) and sdb2 would be partition 2 ( ext2 ). Well under a sane system anyway.
 Top of the page
duniamaya
duniamaya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-12 1:05 PM
#
well, I use Knoppix 5.0 , DSL-N, UBUNTU they all live CD..

The CF itself appear as /dev/sdb1

and after partitioning with cfdisk or fdisk, when you look at the table there are 2 partition /dev/sdb1p1 and sdb1p2

I did this multiple times, it always ended up the same thing.

any better way doing this partition? I welcome any suggestion.. (I dont have any linux system, although I am thinking dual operating system for my laptop but I have to search which linux and how to install, any suggestion?)
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-11-12 4:21 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

The CF should appear as /dev/sdb. You are partitioning a partition within a partition, which, essentially is, insane.

cfdisk /dev/sdb

Partition that, and you will end up with /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28