x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Microsoft Pocket Streets 2002

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-13 12:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"Where do you want to go today?", Microsoft once asked us all. Of course for the Handheld PC community, whenever 'there' is, chances are you will be going to it with a Handheld PC.

In the modern world of autobahn's, motorway's and highway's, truth be told it's just that little bit too easy to take a wrong turn and suddenly the promise of that destination seems so very far away. That's where your trusty Handheld PC can spring to the rescue!

Microsoft Pocket Streets is the on-the-go contemporary of the popular Autoroute/Streets & Trips host mapping solution. With Pocket Streets you can take maps and information from your PC and venture out into the mobile world on your Windows CE 2.0 or higher H/PC.

John Ottini gets lost (in the program) for us in his latest review here on HPC:Factor.

Read the review and have your say here on the forums.

View: Pocket Streets 2002
 Top of the page Quote Reply
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-13 4:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hey, John, once again, another great review .. I found my copy of 2002 on my Works Suite 2002 DVD, and those are cheap on eBay, just something to consider to people that wish to get 2002.. Also, I believe there was an update to streets 2002 that added GPS support, but I could be wrong, but nevertheless, it was not included in RTM, and the update requires Streets 2002 for PC to install..
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-11-15 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

tenjeangosi - 2006-11-13 4:50 PM

Hey, John, once again, another great review .. I found my copy of 2002 on my Works Suite 2002 DVD, and those are cheap on eBay, just something to consider to people that wish to get 2002.. Also, I believe there was an update to streets 2002 that added GPS support, but I could be wrong, but nevertheless, it was not included in RTM, and the update requires Streets 2002 for PC to install..

tenjeangosi

Thanks for the kind words about the review..... I appreciate all comments both good & bad.

I think that the GPS support added to Streets 2002 was only for the Piddle PC, but if someone gets GPS to work with Streets 2002 on their HPC, I'd love to hear about it.
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-15 10:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Um, I do not have a GPS card to try, but I could try to install the Pocket Streets 2002 updated one with GPS support on my HP 360LX.. Sadly, one must have Streets 2002 installed on the desktop to install it on a device.. And, I can install it, though. Unfortunately, I think that the 'update' is actually a full Pocket Streets 2002, so I cannot post it here for people, as it would be warez .
3200th Post

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-11-15 10:11 AM
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 10:30 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, John,

Another fine review about a product that I found very hard to understand (I think I used PS 2000) and quickly abandoned. But now, with your review, you've rekindled my interest in this app.

Thanks,
Jake
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have the update and Microsoft Streets 2002, but the update is for PocketPC, when I try to install it I get warning messages. So I'm afraid to go any further.
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 5:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Aww, okay
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The thing is I have the Pocket Streets 2002 on a sh3 and sh4 handhelds - and therefore no cmonex files to try to fudge the system, like I do with PS 2005 on my MP790.
mzstock Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got a copy of Microsoft Streets & Trips 2004 and tried to load it on my HP Jornada 720, but it said that this version of the program didn't support my device. So I'm looking for an earlier version.
I'm not clear from the article if Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 would support the HP Jornada 720. Could anyone answer that question for me. The HP Jornada 720 says it has the Windows PC 2000 OS, which is supposed to be a version Windows CE v3.0, I think. I was wondering which version of Streets and Trips I would need to get for my Jornada 720. Thanks for any help.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 5:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

2002 is compatible.

You have a HPC2000 device that runs on CE 3, so "CE 2.0 or above" with a declaration of ARM support is fine for you.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 29