x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CF Card issue

macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 6:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

i want to install linux on my Jornada however,

Im scared if I format it to a linux partition it will format and require a lot of space, and I want to use CE and linux on my handheld. Can I only format 100MB to linux? If so, how?

By The way, Its a 1 gig.
 Top of the page
Lucidan Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 8:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

100MB is not enough (I assume you want to run Debian-arm on it)....you'll need about 400 MB for Debian

But if you still want to partition a CF-card, I suggest you read my "Linux on HP jornada 820" thread: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6825&pos...

Should be all you need to know about formatting CF-cards for Linux, but if you run into any problems, i can be more specific.....so let us know.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 11:42 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I just want a OS that would with a WPC11 Linksys wireless card and has Firefox or another browser thats faster the IE for CE.

Any suggestions for that?

(oh yeah, when using the commands to format how do you know what to input to find the CF cards location as it very s.)

Can I use Linspire live CD to format?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 12:34 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Lucidan...come on. I develop and run normal software on my 340mb microdrive without problems, while still having a 10mb swapfile and 10mb FAT partition (well, it is actually a 358mb microdrive).

If you want to run 720degrees with 100mb of space, go ahead. I'll help you out with it - you will need to use several space-conserving techniques. But I bet we could get Kdrive and a couple of window managers on there.

I would use knoppix or puppy, just because I know those work. There does not seem to be a real way to find the device yet.. I just try cfdisk on /dev/sda to /dev/sde.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28