x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

'netbsd on intermec 6651

javier Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 5:46 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could tell his/her experiences with netbsd installed on a hpc machine in general. If anyone got this on an intermec 6651 better. Also what packages you installed and which one you would recomend.

cheers
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 7:55 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've got NetBSD running console on a Mobilepro 790 without touchscreen (good use). I use packages like screen, weechat (IRC and IM), elinks (browsing with tabs, Javascript), etc. I don't have any idea about Intermec 6651, but check the mailing list archives of netbsd/hpcmips. Some people say X runs slow on these machines (6651 might be different though, as it's faster in CE).
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 8:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks for the answer, but in your case, isn't there any driver for the touch screen? Also have you tried packages like abiword (any office suite) or games?

thanks
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 9:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

There is a driver for the touchscreen, but what I meant was, the 790 I'm using has a broken touchscreen. I didn't try any games other than a few console ones. I haven't tried abiword, but between 32MB RAM and the processor speed, I'm not sure it would run very enjoyably at all. Do get at least 1GB CF if you plan to use X... 2GB would be better.
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 4:21 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks again,

first I have suscribed to the hpcmips netbsd mail forum. Also I have been reading and there is lots of stuff.
My intention is to convert my intermec into a tiny subnotebook, I have a 512 mb cf card and a 2gb pcmcia hardrive, I think this will be enough. Instead of abiword, I have read about others word processors like ted, etc. I will see what is gonna happen. Any suggestion is welcomed.
Do you know of any website with compiled packages for hpcmips (with reference to which packages are compatible with intermec 6651 or another mips device)?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.152 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10