x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC have suspended the MobilePro range: It's Official

1 2
vfret
vfret Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 11:24 AM
#
I'm told the Webbook is only intend for vertical markets right now and not consumer markets. (Whatever that means). I'm also told that Coxion is working on andther version that runs embeded XP and not CE .net 4.2. Until a lot of these can get sold, reguardless of who makes them, they will be a little on the steep end.
Another problem is finding Apps that will run on these little units. I'v tried a few apps that run on the 900C, but will not on the Webbook. Actually, I found a Plus pack on the CD. It had paint, a battery meter, some games, fax software and a few other cool apps. But for right now, if I can find a contact manager, a word processor, Excell program and maybe a GPS program, I'll be happy. So far there is only CE agenda and an Excell program that I can find. The webbook does come with a built in email program, calendar and contact program but was designed for 4.1 and not 4.2. So even though it came with it, it dosen't work. I'm working with the developers now on fixing that. I'll keep you all posted on the progress we make and on what other apps I get running on it.

Vfret
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 12:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page Quote Reply
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8