x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H/PC Desktops Thread

« Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Next »
baronvonflapjack
baronvonflapjack Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 2:47 PM
#
Does anyone have a good skin that mimics MAC OSX or Windows XP? I'd just like to see what it might look like...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 7:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Fraid not here. You could probably find a PPC one and modify it.
I'm afraid that I wont be fulfiling this as a skin request though, I can't stick the Mac OS UI
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 4:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hello! Thought I'd share my current desktop. The only thing i want to say is that because my Izzi-Pro only displays 256 colours, any image with large areas of subtle colour gradation are out. I just picked the background from one of the many images on DeviantArt, and, although it is not visible, I've also skinned the task bar with GigaBar (thanks guys!)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ZSX - 2006-04-17 10:22 AM

Hello! Thought I'd share my current desktop. The only thing i want to say is that because my Izzi-Pro only displays 256 colours, any image with large areas of subtle colour gradation are out. I just picked the background from one of the many images on DeviantArt, and, although it is not visible, I've also skinned the task bar with GigaBar (thanks guys!)

ZSX, nice pic! you may try to use desappear (or the reghack manually: HKLM/System/GWE/Syscolor and 5-6-7-8th hexa values to be changed to FF FF FF FF) so that the icon backgrounds will look better than this..

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-17 7:53 AM
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for that tip! I hadn't even thought about it. Ran DeSappear and it looks great now - no more black boxes!

Edited by ZSX 2006-04-17 6:05 PM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

ZSX - 2006-04-17 5:53 PM

Thanks for that tip! I hadn't even thought about it. Ran DeSappear and it looks great now - no more black boxes!

Yeah, now it's just that some of your text for your icons are hardly readable
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah, but what I'd really like to do is get rid of the text entirely! I know what the icons stand for, I don't need the programs to tell me twice!

Anyone know any hacks to get rid of the text?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 5:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

mscdex - 2006-04-17 3:15 PM

ZSX - 2006-04-17 5:53 PM

Yeah, now it's just that some of your text for your icons are hardly readable

I'm having the same experience (see below) - is there any way to turn the black text white (or a light color) so that it can be seen against a dark background?

BTW, ZSX, I like that water background from your Izzi Pro - where did you download it?

Edited by CE Geek 2006-04-18 5:20 AM
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek,

I downloaded it ages ago from DeviantArt. Unfortunately, trying to find it again is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I think it was called "pure water" but it doesn't seem be be google-able.

Luckily, however, I have the original picture which is available here!

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ZSX, thanks for the pic!

CE Geek, could you post yours too, i really like it!! and it would fit on my sig3 and intermec, as far as i can see you made the screenshot of your intermec..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 4:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I couldn't find the site it came from, but here's the image itself below. (BTW, yes, it's from my 6651, but as you can see it's 800x600. I wanted a really cool wallpaper for the 6651, and I couldn't resist this one.)

There are some incredible images at literally hundreds of online sites. Here's one page I thought you'd like, cmonex:

http://wallpapers.animalsearch.net/cats.html

Edited by CE Geek 2006-04-18 4:23 PM
 Top of the page
HAC Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just playing around.. still need to run up a Gigabar or Wisbar skin to go with it..

ScreenShot:

If you need the wallpaper, you can pick it up here:

OSX bitmap

Cheers
Harold
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well, this is my attempt at a Vista skin. My H/PC only displays 256 colours, so the background image doesn't look too great on the screencapture. Generally, it looks the worst where there are subtle colour gradations (e.g. in the sky), but of all the official Vista wallpapers, this and the Grand Canyon one come out the best. In real life it looks just about passable.

I'm using Gigabar, and it is really quite easy to skin the taskbar. The only problem is that the space it leaves for the start button is very small, so I have had to really squeeze the blue orb into the left edge, and as you can see, the minimized screencapture window encroaches onto it.

Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this from happening?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 2:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have to admit it looks kinda cool despite the radical color gradations in the sky - kinda painting-like. I think you put 256 colors and 640x480 together, and this is the best you get. Improving either the resolution or the color range seems like the only way to help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 8:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ZSX, I hope that when you have perfected your skin you will be willing to share it with everyone. I'd like to put it into the themes section if you do.

With a little C:Amie wizardry (which is documented in the support section) here is your background image looking 'normal' in an 8-bit pallet. 256 colours never stopped C:Amie, hell 4-GSI never stopped C:Amie
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9