x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H/PC Desktops Thread

« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 9:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Of course I will share it when it's ready!

And thank you so much for converting the file to 256 colours! Unfortunately, none of my graphics programs (hey, I'm a biologist not a graphic designer) allow me to dither the colours like that (I just used Paint!).

By the way, what program are you using, out of interest. Photoshop?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 9:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well, this has been a bit of a learning process! Thanks for the heads up on Photoshop. Unfortunately, I don't have that program and being a miserly bugger I went for the freeware route, with much better results than bloody MS Paint!

To convert the picture of your choice to a 256 colour bitmap, you will need Paint.NET and MS Paint as well. Once you have them, the process itself is really simple.

1) In Paint.NET: resize the picture to the size for your device.
2) Save as a .gif and set the dithering to maximum (i.e. 8)
3) In MS Paint: open your new .gif and save it as a 256 colour .bmp.

Voila!

Basically, Paint.NET does all the dithering, but cannot save it as a bitmap, so you still need MS Paint.

Anyway, I am attaching the Gigabar file. I'm afraid that all I did was modify your XP Luna file, so all the filenames are the same (although the taskbar skin graphic has changed) - you might want to correct that. The blue orb, unfortunately, is still pretty big so minimized windows still encroach on it (as you can see above), but generally this is not too big a problem.

I've also not attached any wallpapers as these can simply be found by googling images for "Vista Wallpaper", but if you like I can zip some up in SVGA-sized JPEGs and send them along too!

Edited by ZSX 2006-05-19 1:01 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 2:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ZSX,

The reason why I released a few for Wisbar and a Gigabar and stopped was to get something of a template out there for users to pick up and copy. To date you are the first, but it makes it worth the effort

I will have to try and find some time to recode the gigabar file on it, as it's currently all registered as the XP one, which makes it difficult to release.

Here is what I would release with it. You can of course couple it with my Longhorn Icons mod - I see you're using my XP one - which will realy Vistaise it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 3:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice wallpapers, ZSX.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 4:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I re-rendered it slightly with a litte more contrast over the gradiation while I was creating the gibabar settings file, I think this is working alright.

You can download the actual file in the themes section.
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, that looks much more accurate with the higher gradation. I tried that on my Izzi Pro though, and with the white clock on only 4 shades of grey, the contrast was not enough for me to see the time clearly. That's why I made it much blacker than the actual Vista taskbar. Of course, if you have a device with more colours then I'm sure it will be fine.

As for the wallpapers, well I can't claim any credit for them - they are the wallpapers released with previous Vista builds. I still can't find the Yucca (green) or the Daisy (red) wallpapers though...

Making the taskbar really was much easier than I expected, even with my total absence of graphic skills. Cutting and pasting is pretty much all you need!

Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 6:59 AM
#
Here's my new HPC desktop...

Device: Jornada 720

Skin: XP Silver via PocketBlinds
Icons: XP Icon Mod
Buttons: XP Standard via PocketBlinds
Wallpaper: Bliss.bmp (resized in Paint)

Edited by chazco 2006-05-20 7:00 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 7:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah yes PocketBlinds.
I'm happy with a tarted up taskbar, but what do you think of the performance?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 7:42 AM
#
Runs very well for me. Program RAM usage is minimal. Supposedly skins quite a lot of the interface is you hexedit aygshell to ceshell, but thats a bit beyond me.
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow! That looks great - does it work on CE 2.11/ H/PC Pro?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 2:16 PM
#
I'm looking into getting it running on SH3/2.11, however, last time i tried it was just too incompatble.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 3:47 AM
#
One new and one updated skin for you now...

Both of these use PocketBlinds on a J720. Registry edited to use Arial for the system font.

Updated XP Skin is same as above for configuration, but the skin has been completely rewritten. It now has a full size start button, the OK/Close button is now a task manager (since OK/Close didnt work), and the font has been changed.

The next is my first attempt at a PocketPC skin for HPC, so its not perfect, but its a start. Same buttons as the XP skin. No wallpaper used yet.

Edited by chazco 2006-05-21 3:51 AM
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 4:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

chazco - 2006-05-20 7:16 PM

I'm looking into getting it running on SH3/2.11, however, last time i tried it was just too incompatble.

I have a MIPS/2.11 which I guess means no chance whatsoever!
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 4:33 AM
#
Theres a MIP's cab file, but i think the problem was the difference between CE2.11's way of drawing and the way PPC (and to some extent HPC2000) draw. e.g. HPC2000 and PPC2000/2 are similar enough for the skinning to work, but HPC2.11 and PPC2000/2 are not.

Still, you could try just on the off chance...
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 28