x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
darkcougar
darkcougar Page Icon Posted 2006-12-19 7:12 PM
#
im completely new to this so please forgive me if i dont know what im talking about here...

i was recently given as a gift a nav-cam 2007 gps unit which right out of the box had some sort of major software issue resulting in it basically being a dashboard map, no gps capabilities at all without it crashing to the point of having to reset the unit. After several calls to the manufacturer they told me a fix would be sent to me. After installing the fix it only made the crashes different, no better. so my question is this...

i own both the MS streets and trips 2006 and Delorm streets programs, and they both have pocketPC versions that supposedly came with it. Is there a way to basically reinstall windows CE on this thing so i can install one of these programs? i dont really want to go the linux route because i know absolutely nothing about it, and id like to be able to use this thing again at some point. below are as much of the specs as i know about it. certainly any help offered is appreciated, and i thank you in advance.

oh yeah, i almost forgot. i have hooked it up to my desktop using activesync, and i see the windows folders, but have not played with it yet. also it has its own interface when you start it, giving you a option to goto navigation or the settings menu which is heavily dumbed down and certainly not a windows menu at all. i have not seen any signs of any windows being on it aside from a USB connection box that pops up when i plug it in.

---
(within the software settings menu)
ARM920T processor
64MB ram
1gb SD card
WIN CE .NET 4.2 Core
(on the box itself)
processor: Samsung 400 MHZ processor
GPS: Sirf Star III
Memory: 64 Mb SDRAM/32 Mb Flash
Expansion Slot: SD/MMC upto 2gb
Display: 3.5" 65K color TFT LCD w/ backlight
 Top of the page
darkcougar
darkcougar Page Icon Posted 2006-12-19 7:12 PM
#
oh yeah, if you prefer to go with email, my addy is darkcougarkat@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
Taran
Taran Page Icon Posted 2006-12-20 11:21 AM
#
could you please email me the instructions as well...i'd really appreciate that..my email tumbi_01@yahoo.com ...thanks a lot
 Top of the page
jakeydo Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Did anyone save the content of this thread from before the crash? There were pages of information that helped me get TomTom Navigator 6 running on this device. After having used the device for a few weeks, I have also got GSFinder+ running on it, which allows me to launch explorer.exe from \Windows. In the \Windows\Media\ directory of the ROM, I can run the included mp3player.exe and mp4player.exe. The mp3player will work and play music, but I've been unable to get the mp4player to recognize any of the movies I've copied over. I've also got the Media Player from http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6434&pos... running successfully, and was able to play a .mp4 movie.

I copy the GSFinder+ .exe to my SD card and rename it \MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe, which the "Navigate" button from the device's main menu loads.

It has wceload.exe and unload.exe on it, but when I double-click on .cabs, it says that this is the wrong kind of device. However, if I open the cabs on my PC and manually extract and rename the files, then copy them over, the .exes will run.

A few things I was wondering about:

Is it possible to re-map the two buttons on the outside (used for zoom in and zoom out in the original software) to other functions, such as task switching? I believe the buttons work like PgUp and PgDn buttons. Are there any recommended apps for this type of functionality?

The manufacturer's specs say that it supports SD cards up to 2GB. Is that usually a hard and fast rule, or should a 4GB SD card work?

How likely is it that a USB Bluetooth Dongle connected to the external USB port (Mini USB) through the proper adapter could be recognized by the OS and used to provide internet access through my Bluetooth phone?

Thanks for the help.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-02-25 6:38 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I was one of the original posters for getting TomTom 6 running on this device. The method was to rename the TomTom 6 program and folder to Mobilenavigator, this meant you can use the Nav-Cam 2007 with TomTom 6 but without having to hack the registry or mess with the win ce. It also worked after a hard or soft reset.

I still have the modified TomTom 6 file avail able for download, just PM me for the address.

I havent heard of anyone succesfully remapping the keys yet, but it's just as easy to tap the screen IMO in TomTom.

I personally dont use the device for anything other than navigation and speed cameras, having got other devices in the car that play video and mp3's.
 Top of the page
gigot Page Icon Posted 2007-03-06 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Captin, could I also impose on you to provide any files or details. I like the Evesham but somethings are a pain...maybe the TomTom is better in these areas....

prethanks and cheers

ndir@verizon.net
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 6:20 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

There are several messages in my outbox, replies to questions about this post and details of how to get the TomTom file for the NavCam.

C'mon people check your PM messages.
 Top of the page
Alb
Alb Page Icon Posted 2007-04-08 8:04 PM
#
Hi, friend.
I also bougth one same gps and at first it work ok. Then it started to give error messages. I look all over the internet for help and got to a point of almost bringing it back to the store, But I found a web site where I got the software for it and even an application for conecting it to the computer with the usb cable.
Here goes the web site: I hope this helps. You may want to download all tree
http://www.evesham.com/navcam/default.asp?e=DBF6EF41-7AD4-48C2-9084...
 Top of the page
Les
Les Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 2:20 PM
#
I had the same problem with the failure messages. In the box you will find a phone number. CALL IT!!!! There help department was great and sent me a new card where my unit now works great. For the price I paid this little inconvinence is nothing to complain about.
 Top of the page
winker Page Icon Posted 2007-04-27 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Guys, found this thread whilst researching a device from Maplins (Aytobe £99), standalaone gps with wince 4.2 on it. I have managed to get a bastardised version of Tomtom 5 running, with postcodes and voices, but cannto get 6 on. Wrong OS reported!

Its native software is smart2go, and also has a pointer to mobilenavigation\navigation.exe in autorun.inf , which modified to windows\explorer.exe gets you into the device (active sync connection via usb).

Could some one please point me tothe tt6 instructions? Thanks.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-04-29 4:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi Winker,

Dunno if the method I used to change the sat-nav program on the Navcam 2007 will work with any other unit. But you could try.

On the Nav-cam it uses a folder called "mobilenavigator" and runs a program called "mobilenavigator.exe" so all I did was installed Tomtom 6 onto my pocket pc PDA and then copied the Tomtom 6 folder from the PDA onto a SD card along with the Tomtom 6 maps renamed the Tomtom 6 program folder to what the Navcam was looking for when it loads. The maps are in the folder Tomtom made on the PDA.

Now when the Navcam boots it runs Tomtom 6 automatically, and this works after ether a soft or hard reset. I dont use any other functions like MP3 playback as I already have this in my car.

I have the folder on a web site you can download - hxxp://www.captin.org.uk/mobilenavigator.rar - if you unpack this and copy it to a spare SD card and name it to what your sat-nav unit is looking for, i would assume "mobilenavigation\navigation.exe" instead of the "mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe" mine uses, it may work.

This version on Tomtom has all the files it needs to run without having any on the unit or in the windows folders.

This Tomtom works with the UK & Ireleand maps v 660 and european maps, also the maps for the USA.
 Top of the page
winker Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 3:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Captain, thanks for the info, and I shall check your link out tonight after work.

I have actualy made some progress myself, getting TTN6.01, full postcodes working,but it involves calling a bat file to set a registry entry and then load the Tomtom, but other than that the SD card can be put into any of these Aytobe units and run!

I'll keep you posted.
 Top of the page
winker Page Icon Posted 2007-05-01 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for link, it almost worked out of the box, only needing the navigation.cfg to be copied from the original software over the top of your version.

This then gave me an sd card that could be put into an unmodified aytobe unit, and run Tomtom.

I am still going to play abit, wanting ttn 6.0x to run the same (requires registry entry), and perhaps an app that sets the system time based on the gps signal.

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
huggybear
huggybear Page Icon Posted 2007-05-08 5:59 PM
#
Hi, Just found this forum after doing a lot of the above already. Problem I'm having is that I can get tomtom running on an aytobe but I can't get it to find the GPS and therefore will not function. Any ideas on what it needs to be configured to or if anyone has a navigator.cfg that will work straight off?
 Top of the page
freemag
freemag Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 7:47 PM
#
Hi I had the same problem.
In the cange preferences/ show gps status set the GPS to othe NEMA and speed to 9600 baud.
This worked for me.
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 31