x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
rickgtx
rickgtx Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 3:08 PM
#
NavCam2007 update: I was updating my daughter's GPS and got iGo 8 with TTS to work. I put together an example of how to have two NAV programs and select which one from a menu using MortScript. See the ReadMe. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM5TCOHC

Still looking if anyone has the 2008 update from evesham to see if it updates the kernel.
 Top of the page
PHSDESIGNS Page Icon Posted 2010-06-23 10:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All,
New to all this and have just been through this very long thread and find all links are now dead.
Can anyone point me to a copy of captains files for loading onto SD card for Tommtom6 please (ideally with uk maps too)

Many thanks
 Top of the page
rickgtx
rickgtx Page Icon Posted 2010-06-29 1:06 PM
#
In the ReadMe. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM5TCOHC Latest TomTom maps are 850.2801 but you'll need to get all Europe or WE since the UK only map does not work with the PDA version.
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-05 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

rickgtx - 2010-06-29 1:06 PM

In the ReadMe. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM5TCOHC Latest TomTom maps are 850.2801 but you'll need to get all Europe or WE since the UK only map does not work with the PDA version.

been reading through this post and every link is dead ( but that was to be expected ) but thanks to rickgtx download link. ok i have nav-cam 7000 and want to install tomtom i have downloaded rickgtx link and put the file in all sorts of ways and get one of two things. i get a sound as if tomtom is starting or i get an error about putting card files into slot when i click on navigator icon. first off i can't use pc to get into the nav-cam only use my card reading with the card , pc just doesn't even know its there but will charge it. ok my problem where do i put the files ? in what order ? or have i missed something ?. thanks for any help
 Top of the page
rickgtx
rickgtx Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 5:27 PM
#
Start with an formated SD Card in your PC. You must have PC SD Card reader. For a TomTom only system, copy the TomTom folder from your PC to your SD Card. Rename the TomTom folder MobileNavigator. Put the SD Card in your NavCam. NavCam starts \SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNAvigator.exe when "Navigation" is selected.

See the ReadMe for help configuring TomTom it is not easy.
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi m8 thanks for your reply. ok i have took tomtom folder copy and pasted to sd card renamed it MobileNavigator and tryed it nothing. but it does make the tomtom file ttnavigator in root of sd card and tomtom (MobileNavigator) folder. now i know what this file is and how to use it also know it's important to help me crack maps. i also know im getting somewhere as it would have installed this file if i wasn't. ok i have a nav-cam 7000 running bootloader version 0.19 , os version wince 4.2 & rom version 1.00.01 ok could it be this version of tomtom won't work on my nav cam ?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 9:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I found that you could get away with version 6 TomTom on the navcam 2007 but any higher and it wouldn't work. I do know version 7.910 doesn't like the navcam 2007 as it hasn't got enough memory.
 Top of the page
rickgtx Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got TomTom 7.450(9030) to work by replacing some dlls. I get the Out of Memory error when I install a new map and have to restart once or twice.
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks for reply Captin. i know this is a long thread and you posted the files a long long time ago but i dont supose you still have tomtom 6 do you ? i have looked on torrents and all are now dead links. thanks
 Top of the page
rickgtx Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm pretty sure the newer maps do not work on 6.x versions.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 10:24 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The newer maps don't work with tomtom 6 and I havent got a copy any more as I have moved on a few systems since then. After all I had the navcam 2007 at the end of 2006

There is a big different between the navcam 7700 and the navcam 2007. Newer version of tomtom should work with the navcam 7700.
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

yes thought it was a long shot as i dont think i have any files ,programs from 2006
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-11 11:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

played around with the files but still getting nowhere
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-07-11 12:07 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Incidentally I've just updated the mother-in-laws satnav. She bought a Binatone B430 from svp.co.uk for £52 it's a 4.3" screen with a sirf III chipset and wince 5.0 (gets a signal sat in my living room)

So now I have a cheap unit with a great GPS chip running TomTom v7.910 and UK maps v830 for a lot less than a TomTom unit.
 Top of the page
ally Page Icon Posted 2010-07-15 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

still havant got no where but will update with files etc when i do get it to work
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12