x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CNetX Pocket SlideShow 1.30 for HPC 2000 - no transition effects in VGA-out mode

Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-06 10:23 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is anyone else having this problem? I can see the transition effects on the HPC display but not on the external monitor/projector. Is this a known issue with the HPC2000 version of this software or is there a way around this.

Thanks for your help!

Uncle Ben
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-06 10:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have no experience with the software myself, however having had a similar problem with a projector before now and finding out the problem was caused by the connector.. may be worth mentioning.

I had one projector where the D-Sub male connector had a bent pin in it, so when it was put into the VGA socket it was being crushed down inside the housing rather than going into the slot. Would you believe that this actually was causing animations from PowerPoint to appear as though they weren't appearing. I had to perform micro surgery on that one with some mini screwdrivers, tweezers and pliers to get the pin back up again, and low and behold that fixed the problem.

In a similar light, the same as above but this time there was something stuck inside one of the female pin recesses. Prising that out also fixed the problem there.

Which VGA are you using with the device?

p.s. Nice to see you here on the boards Uncle B.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-06 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the prompt reply Amie, you're on the ball, aren't you! I would never for a second have thought that the connector could be the issue. And you know what, I don't think that the VGA-out cable I have is a genuine NEC product, although it was sold as such directly from the supplier - I have a NEC MobilePro 900. I will certainly check the connection and the confirm that the cable I'm using is genuine. Hope to hear more from other HPC2000 users and their experience with CNetX PocketSlideShow VGA-Out performance.

Regards,

Uncle Ben
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-03-06 10:47 AM

I have no experience with the software myself, however having had a similar problem with a projector before now and finding out the problem was caused by the connector.. may be worth mentioning.

I had one projector where the D-Sub male connector had a bent pin in it, so when it was put into the VGA socket it was being crushed down inside the housing rather than going into the slot. Would you believe that this actually was causing animations from PowerPoint to appear as though they weren't appearing. I had to perform micro surgery on that one with some mini screwdrivers, tweezers and pliers to get the pin back up again, and low and behold that fixed the problem.

In a similar light, the same as above but this time there was something stuck inside one of the female pin recesses. Prising that out also fixed the problem there.

Which VGA are you using with the device?

p.s. Nice to see you here on the boards Uncle B.

Well C:Amie, I think I've eliminated the connection as the potential root cause for this problem. I tested it with two other NEC VGA-out cables, and I have the same issue. The monitor I'm using is brand new, the cable is in perfect condition. And you know what, I seem to recall that I was having the very same issue with my HP720 and the HP VGA-Out card. I would have like to hear from other PocketSlideShow users on HPC2000 devices and see if they have the same issue, but it doesn't look like this is going to happen. Any way, thanks for your help.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 6:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah well always worth a try.

Can you get the display up in any other application?
Try out an animated GIF / video, something with some motion to it. You can use that to see if it's the system or Pocket SlideShow
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-03-12 6:55 AM

Ah well always worth a try.

Can you get the display up in any other application?
Try out an animated GIF / video, something with some motion to it. You can use that to see if it's the system or Pocket SlideShow

Yes, PQV for example shows animated GIFs, no problem. As far as CNetX PocketSlideShow is concerned, the application works fine, it shows the presentation in FULL VGA ... except that for the transition effects: They show on the HPC screen but no on the VGA. But that's a good point you had though, at least this proves that there's nothing wrong with the VGA-out connection. I'm surprised that there aren't more users of this applicaton out there. One would think that the HPC platform would be ideal for this kind of applet, it sure has served me well over the years. In any case, thanks again for your help. I guess I'll have to do without the transition effects, which is not that big a deal any way.

Cheers!
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My MP900 has something called PocketPowerpoint.
Have you tried that to see if transitions and stuff work fine with it.
I havent played with it, so I'm not sure.
Just trying to help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 6:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Pocket PowerPoint doesn't support them alas >_<
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

PocketDVD - 2005-03-12 4:04 PM

My MP900 has something called PocketPowerpoint.
Have you tried that to see if transitions and stuff work fine with it.
I havent played with it, so I'm not sure.
Just trying to help.

Hi there PocketDVD - sorry for the late response, just saw your post. Yes, C:Amie (a.k.a. Chris.*) is quite right, PocketPowerPoint does not support transition effects. In addition, the desktop conversion only works with MS PowerPoint '97.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8