x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sending Files Using Bluetooth

patlucas Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello All

I recently purchased a Socket CF Type I Bluetooth radio for my Jornada 720 and I successfuly managed to pair it with my Nokia 6310i phone and my PalmOne Tungsten T3 PDA. It is so convenient to send SMS from the J720 using a proper keyboard rather than from the tiny keypad on the phone!

When I look at the list of services offered by the T3 (Device|Properties -> Services), I see that the only one there is "OBEX Object Push" which makes me think that I can send things to my T3 via Bluetooth.

My problem is that I can't find any way of sending a file via Bluetooth. Do any of you have any ideas?

Many thanks

Patrick
 Top of the page
Juergen Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 4:55 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Socket's basic bluetooth driver doesn't support OBEX. You have to install an additional driver available from Socket's download site. Take care, only 120g release will work on your device!

CU
Juergen
 Top of the page
patlucas Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Juergen

Thanks for your reply. Is 120g the card release or the driver release?

Regards

Patrick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 12:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Driver release. The current driver is 1.20H, which is the PPC only.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

patlucas - 2005-03-07 12:35 AM

Hello All

I recently purchased a Socket CF Type I Bluetooth radio for my Jornada 720 and I successfuly managed to pair it with my Nokia 6310i phone and my PalmOne Tungsten T3 PDA. It is so convenient to send SMS from the J720 using a proper keyboard rather than from the tiny keypad on the phone!

When I look at the list of services offered by the T3 (Device|Properties -> Services), I see that the only one there is "OBEX Object Push" which makes me think that I can send things to my T3 via Bluetooth.

My problem is that I can't find any way of sending a file via Bluetooth. Do any of you have any ideas?

Many thanks

Patrick

You should really see some of my friends go at the keypad with the thumb! I bet with the commonly built-in T9 ... they prob reach 20~30 words a min!! Granted, they use many short-forms as do IMers ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 7:18 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You should see me on the number pad of my cellphone
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12