x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Video Playback of .mov files on Jornada 720

1 2
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 2:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Does anyone no if Beta Player,PocketMVP or PocketTV is able to play video
in the .mov format? Is their anyother quality players available that will do so?

The Bishop

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 3:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No none of these will play QT files. QuickTime is a locked up format, and apple hold onto it tighter than Microsoft do Windows Media.

Apple have never released a CE client to my knowledge.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There are two Windows CE programs for playing quicktime that I know of.

First is the DigiSoft's shareware program PictPocket Cinema 4.0 which can be found here:
http://www.digisoftdirect.com/products/pictpocketsuite.html

Obviously, it is a Pocket PC program but it does work. To get it working, you need to first install it from its cab file. Refer to other fourm posts for how to do this. Once it is installed, find the PictPocket.exe file and use FK's ExecutabilityCheck to rename the "VoiceCtl.dll" import to "Voicedll.dll". Now try running the program and it should work perfectly (almost). You won't be able to use the program's built in voice recorder function, but that is a small price to pay for a quicktime player on WinCE!

Another option to play quicktime files is the Microsoft Windows Media Player control and codecs found in Platform Builder 3.0 aka CEPlayer. Luckily, to use it, you don't need to track down PB 3.0 and purchase it. You may have heard it mentioned before or even have it already. As far as I can tell , it came with Cyberbank's PC E-Phone CE 3.0 device or was available for download from their website. The Cyberbank install of it comes with a very limited codec to play some older quicktime files. It worked with a few older quicktime files I came across, but no recent ones. I see on various fourms that people have often had alot of trouble with it because when a movie is larger than the screen, it gets cut off. I have fixed this by simply using the ceplayer.exe sample from PB 4.2

I spent like two days looking for this thing and hope to save people the trouble of searching asian CE fourms by posting it here. If this is in violation of the board's policys, I guess it will be removed. Sorry, but as far as I know, its freeware.

I hope my post helped you guys to play QuickTime on Handheld PC. Seeya.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey, sorry. I forgot the link

Here ya go.

This includes both the cab install for the CEPlayer ActiveX control and the CE 4.1 ceplayer.exe modified to run on CE 3.0.

Enjoy

http://rapidshare.de/files/819095/CEPlayer_HPC2000.zip.html
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 5:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting, I didn't realise they had created a qt control for CE. I'll go eat my hat.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 11:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

PQV supports the MOV format. I have been using Pocket QuickView version 3.0.10 for sometime now. A few minor bugs here and there but overall, the application works well.

See www.hanaho.com

Cheers!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 8:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good Old BitBank
http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/PQV.html

Thanks for the details Uncle Ben.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

You're very welcome ... stick with me and you'll see, there's a lot more to Uncle Ben than just rice!
 Top of the page
Ian
Ian Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 3:52 AM
#
TFGBD - 2005-03-09 8:11 PM

Here ya go.

This includes both the cab install for the CEPlayer ActiveX control and the CE 4.1 ceplayer.exe modified to run on CE 3.0.

Enjoy

Okay, so I've done the download and the install to my Jornada 720. What's the trick to remove the 'Unable to initialise Player' error message I get when I try to run the program? The program starts, and the correct screen appears (complete with menus), but the error message will not go away (I have to terminate the application to get control back).

Ian
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry, I forgot to mention...

It needs to be installed to "\Windows"

You can then move the files to a system path set on your Storage Card. It will only work if the dlls are placed in a system path or \Windows. Search the fourm for more information on creating your own custom system paths. To use the modifided ce 4.1 ceplayer, you need to first install the cab file. Hope this helped.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 11:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

TFGBD - 2005-03-10 2:11 AM

Here ya go.

Enjoy

i can't download it from this link has it been removed?
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 12:37 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey thanks! I downloaded the player to my desktop, but I can't un-zip the file to download it via active sync to my Jornada 720. What am I doing wrong?

The Bishop
 Top of the page
Ian
Ian Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 11:41 PM
#
TFGBD - 2005-03-16 1:22 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention...

It needs to be installed to "\Windows"

You can then move the files to a system path set on your Storage Card. It will only work if the dlls are placed in a system path or \Windows. Search the fourm for more information on creating your own custom system paths. To use the modifided ce 4.1 ceplayer, you need to first install the cab file. Hope this helped.

Can you run that by me again. Do you mean install in 'Main Memory' and then move the DLL files it installed in the \windows directory into a system path on the 'Storage Card'? (I already have a system path set up on my card).

The reason I ask is that I installed it to the Storage Card and then (following you earlier e-mail) moved the DLL files into my system path folder. However, the same error occured. Isn't that the same thing?

Thanks Ian
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 12:50 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

When you install a file in activesync, it asks you whether you want to install to main memory, which would be the storage memory in ram, or to install to the storage card. Apparently you need to install in main memory and then move the file to the storage card.
 Top of the page
Linda
Linda Page Icon Posted 2005-03-19 3:59 PM
#
Can you explain me thispart: "use FK's ExecutabilityCheck to rename the "VoiceCtl.dll" import to "Voicedll.dll". Now try running the program and it should work perfectly (almost). "

I cant understand these pleaseeeeee
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9