x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SNES CE on Jornada 720

Ant
Ant Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 3:36 PM
#
Hi Jorndad users!

I've been trying to get the SNES emulator SNES CE to work on my Jornada 720. I've installed it (which was just a case of putting it across onto the storage card) but I can't get it to 'see' any of the ROM images I've got. When I start the program up, I get the navigation window up for loading up a game, but when I navigate to the folder where the ROMs are stored it doesn't show them. I've tried typing in the name of the ROM, and giving it the .smc extension, but all I get is a black screen, and I have to close it down with ctrl-alt-delete.

Has anyone else had this experience, or found a way round it?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 8:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i successfully ran SNES games on my Jornada using PocketSNES but they were sometimes slow and sometimes the sound didn't work correctly. my experience with SNES games on the Jornada was bad. i don't recommend it. you won't get a good gaming experience.

NES games are more suitable for the Jornada's powers.
 Top of the page
Ant
Ant Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 9:15 AM
#
Ok, thanks for that.
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

the roms you have, do they have the proper extension for the emulator your using?
there are a few different extensions concerning roms.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 6:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hum, I think it's down to optimisations and the emulator supporting the Jornada's video RAM optimally.

I have played GameBoy Colour and GBA ROM's on the 720.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9